Conquest question

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by beanman, Sep 20, 2010.

1. beanman

beanman Not a Decepticon

News Credits:
    So...I'm primarily a deathmatch player, but this weekend I got a little bored and thought I'd try conquest...anyway, I played several games the normal way and then I stumbled on a game where both teams weren't killing each other and were just giving up the middle node to rack up points - does this happen often? I ended up pissing people off because I kept trying to kill the other team...

2. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. SolCross

SolCross Active Member

Yeah, boosting is especially common on exp holiday weekends, where people want to get Prime as quickly as possible.

I've done a lot of Conquest matches on extra experience weekend that eventually devolved into boosting because it was late at night and everyone was tired and we all just rotated nodes. I know it irritates a lot of people because they see it as cheating or whatever, and I'm neutral on it for the most part, but I just went with it because I'm a team player.

4. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This weekend I managed to get to level 22 with all four classes. In all the games I've played, I've never seen anyone boosting. I don't doubt it's happening, but I don't think it's as common as some people let on.

5. MarVell

MarVell Member

I've played the game online for about 25 hours so far, mostly Conquest. I never had any problems with people not playing the game properly.

6. SolCross

SolCross Active Member

Maybe I just have all the luck, but when I play on these weekends I usually come across 1 out of every 5 groups that get lazy and start boosting.

7. beanman

beanman Not a Decepticon

News Credits:
    I haven't seen it again...but in my opinion it takes away from the prestige of prime mode - especially on the 5X or 4X weekends when you can get a ridiculous amount of exp.

8. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

That's a stupid way to boost anyway, you get WAY more points for getting involved and completing the challenges. Which is the same reason that camping is a bad idea too.

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I was in an unintentional boosting match once. My team all got together and were were all scientists and just kept flying to the node we just lost and regained it. Then we'd hear we lost another and fly straight to it. We never saw the other team, and the way nodes kept changing, it was obvious both teams were just circling the map capturing nodes. It wasn't because we decided to boost, we were just trying to capture and keep nodes and were missing the other team completely cause we were on the other side of the map.

10. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

I should really actually play the game again......