Conquest/Conversation

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by megatronski, Sep 22, 2016.

1. megatronski

megatronski Mr. Low attention span

News Credits:
    1: Windblade

Orbital bombardment rocked the Camien capital, shattering the intricate statues and monuments that decorated the Forgefire Parliament. To us, however, they were merely low rumbles. Tensions were high, and hope was at an all time low. The explosions made it feel like the great Titan, Caminus himself, was shaking in fear, and in truth, me and the other City Speakers knew that he really was.

"H-how long do you think they're gonna keep us down here?" stuttered Hot Shot, the youngest City Speaker in the room, one who we still teaching. If he really had a grasp on the city around him, he would've known the answer to his question.

"Try and block the fear out, Hot Shot. Rise into the higher level of thinking I taught you about, let your processor connect to Caminus. His powerful mind will soothe your own." said Lightbright in a haughty, know-it-all tone. She wasn't much older than Hot Shot, but she acted like she was wiser, more knowledgeable than even I, as if she'd been blessed exclusively by Caminus.

"I-I can't! There's too much going on, I'm afrai-" I walked over to Hot Shot, embracing the terrified City Speaker. "Miss Windblade, what are you doing, I-" I cut him off. "Try and link up to my mind, Hot Shot. Use it as a conduit to lead you to the stronger mind of Camin-"

That's when the biggest explosion hit. Where everything else had been a low rumble, this shook the entire room, sending everyone off their feet. It must've been a P.O.K.E Warhead or something... Whatever the case, there was no doubt that the entire ground level of the Forgefire Parliament building was completely vaporized. That's when the bodyguard rushed into the room, previously content to give us privacy.

Their leader was a large bot named Afterburner, one who didn't care much for City Speakers like us. Much to my chagrin, he pulled up Hot Shot rather forcefully. "Under the orders of the Mistress of Flame, all of you are being evacuated to her ship in orbit" Lightbright stood up in protest. "We're not going anywhere, especially off of the Colony! Our duty is to protect the Titan!" Afterburner loomed over her, threateningly. "And, unfortunately for me, my duty is to protect you useless lot. GET MOVING." Lightbright turned to me, pleading for me to do something, but I knew we had to follow him. The enemy was moving in, and we'd be dead if we remained. Caminus could protect himself.

The three of us were all packed into a tiny elevator by Afterburner, and the ride up was completely silent. The explosions stopped. Hot Shot was too afraid to speak, Lightbright was too angry, and Afterburner too stoic. Perhaps it was the calm before the storm, as when we arrived at the top, when the elevator doors opened, I realized Caminus had become a living hell.

It was the first time I had seen the enemy up close. The Mistress had told me all about them, but the weight of the threat had only just hit me. I saw Victorion, the great combined form of the Mistress' personal guard, fall dead with a gaping hole in her chest. The tiniest member Rust Dust, completely disintegrated, and their leader Pyra Magna, who formed the torso, fared little better, the hole large enough to destroy her inner-workings as well. As she fell to the ground, even the limb-bots, who were relatively unscathed, turned dead grey, the psychic shock of the core-bots dying likely enough to destroy their own processors.

My scream of grief quickly turned into that of fear, however, as I saw the beast that killed Victorion descend upon our once great city. It was a massive, reptilian creature, clad in black, green, and purple. A titan in it's own right, not as big as Caminus, but dwarfing a mighty Combiner like Victorion. It's immense guns were still smoking from murdering the Torchbearers, and in one of it's clawed hands, I saw the last shred of hope I had slip away: our escape craft, the personal ship of our Mistress of Flame.

The Mistress called them the Destrons. Might as well of called them demons.

Chapter Epilogue: Moonheart
    The Empress wasn't thinking... The goal was to unite the Camiens with us, bring them into the Destron fold, and our beloved leader did an absolutely fantastic job of ruining that! How did she expect any of those colonists to follow her willingly? We destroyed their culture, killed their heroes... They thought we were monsters, and with good reason! We were riding around in Trypticon, for spark's sake!

I tried to restrain my criticism as I made it to the bridge, carrying a data slate to give to the Empress. We had captured one of the Camien ships, the one commanded by their leader, the Mistress of Flame. Unfortunately, she had not been on the ship, but it was a significant capture nonetheless. As I came closer to her, I saw she was in a heated argument with another one of our generals, Galvatron. It was intense enough that if the two weren't talking on opposite ends of the galaxy, they'd be ripping at each other's throats.

She eventually shut off the conversation, obviously done with whatever Lord Galvatron had to say, and turned over to me. "Hmph. "Grand" General Galvatron should learn when to shut up. He's criticizing my campaign against Caminus, when he's the one who bungled his last operation so hard he ended up a severed head in the chest of his lieutenant!" I wanted to tell her that one bot's mistake doesn't excuse your own, but I knew better. Don't backtalk the bot who has an oversized, double barreled Fusion Cannon slung on her back.

I handed her the data slate, and she was pleased enough at the capture of the ship, yet disappointed by the Mistress of Flame's evasion. "Anything else of note, Moonheart?" she said, desiring a little bit more in the way of good news. Fortunately, I had something. You see, in extremely rare cases, the colonies we've conquered were built around Titans, the massive, ancient Cybertronians of yore. Even rarer, some of these colonies had "City Speakers", bots who could converse with, and sometimes even control these Titans.

I handed her an additional datapad with information on these bots, and she replied with an absolutely diabolical smirk. I didn't know exactly what she had planned, but whatever it was, it'd end in suffering. Hopefully of the Camiens. With the Empress, something could go wrong and before we knew it, we'd be trying to outrun a pissed off Chaosteros.

2. Stonecrusher

Stonecrusher Just another Edgelord

News Credits:
    Interesting. looks like Windblade's gonna have a bad time.

3. megatronski

megatronski Mr. Low attention span

News Credits:
    2: Chromia
    I gripped my weapon tight, thinking "It would protect me, this would all be over soon." but the reality of the situation hit me like a sack of bricks. I barely had any idea how to use the weapon I held, and I had more than myself to worry about, I was tasked with protecting the Mistress of Flame, regent of Caminus! I halfheartedly chuckled, things were so bad it was almost funny. The Mistress noticed, and shot me a soft, guilty smile. "I never expected the hammer would fall upon Caminus so quick, Chromia... I should've told everyone about the situation sooner."

For the longest time, we thought we were alone in the universe, that we were the last remnant of Cybertronian civilization. We looked up at the stars, thinking they were dead, empty. Little did we know, we were just isolated, there were billions of Cybertronians out there- all locked in a devastating, impossibly big civil war. The Mistress had apparently known about it for quite some time, being in contact with one of the major factions, the Autobots. She hadn't told any of us because, well, she didn't want mass panic. The plan was for the Autobots to arrive, and slowly help us integrate into the greater Cybertronian world... but the Destrons got here first, bringing on destruction, disintegration.

"I know you're tense for another reason as well, Chromia. You're worried about Windblade." The Mistress was incredibly perceptive. Ever since my early youth, I had been partnered with the Cityspeaker. I was her guardian and best friend. When the Destrons hit, everything was scrambled. The Mistress' guardians, the Torchbearers, had to form Victorion and fight on the front lines. As such, they chose me to protect her, and they gave Windblade and the others to some gruff military bot, Afterburner. I... I suppose I should be thankful, proud that they chose me, but I'm absolutely terrified about Windblade.

Suddenly, the Mistress fell to her knees, clutching her chest in pain. I swear to Solus, I almost died from the shock. I sighed in relief when she managed to right herself back up with her hammer, but she said something that brought me straight back down again. "Victorion is dead, and they've captured my ship, which was going to evacuate Windblade and the others." I gripped my axe so tight that it bent the handle. The tensions were so high, I didn't even notice the tears streaming down my face.

The Torchbearers, and their combined form of Victorion, were heroes to the entire Camien race. They kept the peace, fought against injustice, trained most of us bodyguards. To hear that they were dead, it made me want to just give up... but then I remembered Windblade. I needed to get to her. I needed to protect my other half. Unfortunately, we were on the complete other side of the city. If Windblade was on Caminus' head, we were at the tips of his toes.
    The Mistress placed her hand of my shoulder. "My Autobot contact should be here shortly. For now, we must be patient, and hope Solus Prime forges a mighty wall of protection to keep Windblade safe."

"I... I hope so." I was never the religious type, I never bought into Solus Prime and the rest of the 13 being "gods"... but at this point, I had forgotten all about that. I as looking at the painting of Solus hung in the room, begging her to intervene.

4. Kyrios2

Kyrios2 Well-Known Member

kinda reminds me of the way PC Injustice worked, where you'd play as a select character for a certain amount of missions. Looks really interesting