Customs: Connection Help!bigger than lego knights?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Scotscream, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Scotscream

Scotscream Total-con

Ebay:
    Hey guys im doin a bruticus with voyager sized figures and im really stuck for what to use for connections as the lego knights i have used in the past will not be strong enough for this

any ideas?

iv heard god ultra magnus are good connectors but it seems such a waste to cannibalize such a nice toy (and expensive) for this use

the connectors need to be strong,preferbly racheting and will proberbly need to detach from the robot as i cant figure a way to build them in yet like my devastators but ill sort that out later

any help will be GREATLY APPRICIATED!

2. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what about erector sets?

3. Scotscream

Scotscream Total-con

Ebay:
    sounds good but whats that haha cheers mate

4. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    What about energon limb connectors?

5. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  6. Ninjabot411

Ninjabot411 Combiner

Maybe those old lego dino neck/tail joints. Those thing are freaking huge though. I think you can find them in lego elephants.

7. Pimp My Toy

Pimp My Toy AKA Jimster

Ebay:
  8. Scotscream

Scotscream Total-con

Ebay:
    yeah i tried those early on there even worse than the legos,its hit are miss some are tight and some are loose and they wear out real easy,cheers for the advice though they might still end up being my best bet!

ah looks good mate cheers for the link and great idea!

sounds interesting ill check em out,if there to big i wont be able to conceal them but sounds promising ill try get some cheers

im glad i was not the only one who had a giggle at that haha!now this look more like what im after,good research!im a member on there but you can never find anything cos there so many parts! cheers for the link this looks like a god send!

9. Pimp My Toy

Pimp My Toy AKA Jimster

Ebay:
    Glad to be of help. I've spent a few hours on that site looking to solve a similar problem re weight issues. This seems to be the best bet on the lego front as long as you can find a method to rotate it on the second axis.

I cleared one UK supplier out of them a few months ago, along with a lot of their knights joints and bionicle ball joints. I'm sure there'll be plenty more around. I love the site - good stuff and dirt cheap compared cannibalising UK transformer stocks.

10. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
  11. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Actually, the balljoints in that Stuxx set do look quite a bit like those in NeoShifters, if I'm not mistaken. The double ones are an odd idea, but could be useful if you want to do thinks like double arm bots (for instance, having multiple sets of insect legs on a fig's back); you'd just use the double as a base piece and singles for the individual limbs.

12. Scotscream

Scotscream Total-con

Ebay:
    yeah looks good mate but yeah i noticed from the design they wont rotate in the same way as the lego,i like how they have that long part sticking out though might make them easy to install,im gonna have a serious look on that site see if i can come up with anything else,there has to be a similar but bigger design to the lego knoghts somewhere!

13. Scotscream

Scotscream Total-con

Ebay:
  14. Scotscream

Scotscream Total-con

Ebay:
    cool,hey like your store.have ya cast any unicron parts before or supreme starscream head or anyother sought afetr parts?

cheers bud

15. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Thanks. 'Fraid I've not really mastered the art of casting, though. I've cast the odd small part for my own customs, like Cybertron Hot Shot's head and forearms, and the turbine from an Energon Superion A-10 fig, but for the big jobs, I leave that to the experts... :p 

16. Scotscream

Scotscream Total-con

Ebay:
    yeah iv done a bit myself but i was hoping i could find these parts a few board members used to do them,if i get it down ill start doing them i think cos its a godsend if you can get them.cheers