Connection Between the Pillars and Earth's H20?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Hazekiah, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megapork

megapork Cheese

Unintentional. Obviously. The films werent that thoroughly thougth out.

2. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    I'll post how I like, thanks. Separate threads for separate points. I love that you misspelled "harebrained" with a superior tone, however. Genius!

I'd counter that I'm not "looking for something that isn't there," but rather simply paying attention to what is.

They could have made LOTS of different choices with more variety should they have chosen to, but almost everything dealing with the pillars seems to involve water, right down to their sound effects, which again is a pretty odd choice.

And also again, Bay is not the sole arbiter of what is or isn't intentional here. Plenty of other departments micromanaging certain details for him while he handles the overall scope of the picture.

Say what you will, but I think it's pretty clear that they obviously were. The details behind certain product placements alone suggest otherwise. There was clearly quite a bit of thought put into these movies from many angles by several different departments.

Hell, just take a look in here:

Try to keep up.

:p 

Interesting thoughts from everyone in here, btw!

:) 

3. megapork

megapork Cheese

The movie itself is done by a completely different department from product placement and publicity and them wonderful toys. (And dont be a grammar nazi, other people post have to deal with their work and stuff and dont have time to edit their posts until later or never.) My main point is that they dont seem to plan out the film itself thoroughly enough before going to work on it, The film seems very spontaneous and made as they go along.

4. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Well, I'm using a fairly broad interpretation of "product placement," obviously.

A lot of those entries to which I refer from that list deal specifically with the realm of wardrobe and set decoration, which falls squarely under the purview of talented professionals who would be involved in discussions about how best to flesh out the characters by making specific choices to reflect aspects of those characters in what they wear and where they live, for instance.

And MY main point there was that those choices were made for reasons, which often show a GREAT deal of planning and consideration having taken place within the decision-making process, your opinions about the quality of the rest of the movie notwithstanding.

Oh, and my comment obviously wasn't about being a grammar nazi...it was about pointing out the irony and hypocrisy of calling someone's ideas stupid when the accuser can't even spell the word correctly and/or misunderstands the origin of the term, ffs.

:p 

5. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To the first part...
    No you're not.
    And the second...
    don't be a grammar nazi basically, that is more needlessly trolling than anything.
    Just because I question the legitimacy of your idea doesnt mean spelling means a thing.

6. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

I think this is a cool idea, that honestly, didn't occur to me in this exact sense. I did notice the scenes around water, but I was leaning more on the fact that the control pillar had to be anchored to the Earth's core, thereby using the earth itself as a gravitational anchor for the space bridge.

It's possible that the pillars used some form of electrolsys as a means of charging to full power before being activated. Whatever the case, it is an interesting theory.

7. thien425

thien425 Well-Known Member

1. The original primes were here to absorb the sun, and they needed the matrix to do so thats why it was here
    2. The cube deflected off of an asteroid and started heading towards earth, it wasn't immediately drawn there.

All in all, you need to chill out and not waste forum space on a very vague connection between water and cybertronian technology.

8. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    You forgot Sentinel Prime is a Fire Truck and carries Water.

9. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

Guys I have discovered a connection between Devastator and Chihuahuas. In the scene where Mojo was humping Frankie, it meant Mojo was a male and had testicles. Also in egypt devastator had testicles. They also both walk on all fours. Therefore I have come to the conclusion that Devastator is a Chihuahua.

10. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is so logical it should have its own thread

11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You just split the world in half. You, are a magic man. The connections, there all along! Don't drink the kook aid, people!

12. decepticreep312

Thank you, I spent countless hours analyzing the movie. Also, Bruce Brazos is Bumblebee and Mirage is Fred Flintstone.

13. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    NO!

He. Is. DINO. Flintstone.

If you can't even get the conspiracy theories right, how can we believe the others?!

It's all crazy talk, I tell you!

THE SECRET'S BEEN REVEALED! HE'S PULLIN' 'EM OUTTA THIN AIR!

Oh wait...much like the op. Carry on!

14. decepticreep312

Ha! We'll see who is all crazy talk! Right after I explain my theory of why Ratchet is a homosexual fashion designer.

15. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk Squid Kid

News Credits:
    This thread just went even more downhill...

16. decepticreep312

:lol 

17. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    I've got a breakthrough revelation to add to this!

Not only is Devastator related to Mojo, but so is Wheelie! In fact, I have reason to believe Mojo is Wheelie! Hear me out on this.

As previously mentioned, Mojo humped Frankie. What did Wheelie do to Mikaela? He humped her leg. Much like a dog. Mikaela also calls him loyal and faithful.

What are dogs to their owners? Loyal and faithful. So not only was Alice a Pretender, but Wheelie was too!

BUT WHAT ABOUT BRAINS, YOU SAY?

He was Frankie the whole time! Remember how he was chewing on the screw/bolt like it was a bone?

And you'll notice how after ROTF, we never see Frankie or Mojo again! This is because Brains and Wheelie never transformed to their pretender modes again.

The humping of Mojo and Frankie translates then into how close Wheelie and Brains are with eachother. They even keep some dog traits from their animal-pretender modes, sleeping not only with each other (as implied by the humping scene in ROTF), but outside with the dog!

Add that to Devastator being linked with Chihuahuas and Sentinel's Rust Gun being powered by Chihuahua urine, that's ALOT of dog references in this movie!

And don't even get me started on how Bonecrusher the transformer is really related to an ACTUAL buffalo instead of the Buffalo MPCV, but is also Michael Bay's dog at the same time!!

:) 
    Just a note, this is not counter-trolling/trolling or spam, this is a parody, as is everyone else's posts like this. Nothing against a little harmless fun in the rules.

18. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I was addressing your threads in bulk, not simply this one. This one is actually the most reasoned and thought out and plausible of your threads but most of the others are... really doubtful in their legitimacy.

And it as director and the one who has ultimate approval of everything we see and hear on screan it actually IS up Bay as the sole arbiter of what is or isn't intentional. You seem to be operating under the delusion that it's up to the audience to determine the meaning of a work of fiction. Only the work's creators can say for sure what meaning is there to found. It's possible that Bay approved all of these things for us to make that connection, but I find that highly unlikely. Again, Bay is the one with full creative control over this so it's up to him to determine whether or not it's a valid connection. If he says it is, then you're right. If he were to say no, that it's coincidence, then you're wrong. It's as simple as that. It is not up to us the audience to find meanings in a work that aren't there. If the creator of the work didn't deliberately put a meaning into a work then it's not there regardless of whether or not the audience says otherwise.

I think a better example of what I mean is The Chronicles of Narnia. C.S. Lewis has actually come out and said that he intended it as an allegory for Jesus. Now, when I read it, I don't see it. But, since that's the intended meaning of the story I have to at least acknowledge that it's there to find even if I don't think he did it effectively.

And that's how I see most of your threads: As finding meaning that isn't there. For any other director in Hollywood I'd say you were probably correct and that it was intentional, but I don't think Bay plans that far in advance.

19. decepticreep312

You have discovered the meaning of the universe and all life.

20. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    *head asplodes* You done broke my head n' stuff. OHMIGAWD...IT'S FULL OF STARS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.