Congrats to me!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cappeca, Jul 23, 2012.

1. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

I just realized my 10th anniversary here on the boards was this month!!!

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Congrats, I think haha.

Also, you should totally write something up in regards to your 10 year journey, including of course how its been impacted by TFW along the way. Might make for an interesting thread.

3. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

Mine's next month. Yippeee! and I'm still under 1000 posts.

4. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Despite the ocasional flamewar and about 30 guys I have on ignore, this is still the best place to talk about Transformers on the web. I sincerely thank the moderators for maintaining the order here, and the fellow fans that support their work by keeping this place always entertaining and civil.

The fandom has changed a lot since I went online for the first time. Back in 98 there were a few specific people that were the to-go people if you needed any information regarding TFs. What they said was the law. Things changed drastically with the release of Beast Wars - first time the TF concept changed, and that was a shock for everyone. Fandom trools were born, flamewars were born, and with the release of car-robots and Armada, and the stabilishing of possible "reboots" every year, things went downhill. That was probably the time I left a.t.t. and joined the boards (although I believe I joined here even before, but I guess a problem with the servers forced us to join all over again, I can't remember).

At that time in my country there was just a handful of brazilian fans that knew each other, and the boards did help us getting the hot news first, which provided us with tools to gather our own group here, and start our own conventions.

Then came 2007 and the first movie, and dear god wasn't that the most horrible experience regarding internet in general? For what is worth, it was also my first Botcon, which was one of the greatest things in my life - and I was able to meet a lot of you in person! It was awesome to feel part of something being so far from home as I was, and yes, I was screaming "TFW! TFW!" along at the pizza dinner.

From then on, I learned with my kids that toys are meant to play, and my skin got thicker. It's been fun all around, and for me this forum has a quality standard above not only other TF related boards, but for general boards as well. If I can think of one word when I come to this place, it's "safe".

For another ten years for us all! Cheers!

5. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

WOOT!

6. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Good suggestion, that was an interesting read.

And congrats!

7. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Sorry, I don't have a gif for that. Will this do?

[​IMG]
    Congrats on 10 years here. I can't even believe I've wasted 17 months on this ridiculous website, but I can't help coming back for more. :lol 

8. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

aug 20 2004 is my tfw2005 anneiv and i join this board

9. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Congrats! :)