confusion about the k-mart 12 / 10 minicon packs

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nemesis_Dirge, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    in the 12 pack...faction teams displayed on the package front and back...plus the minicons sport faction symbols...

yet in the 10 pack...faction symbols displayed on the package front and back..but the TF's sport the minicon symbol...none wear the autobot or decepticon symbol....

the individual packaged universe minicons are the same way...bought blight and he is exactly like the blight in the minicon package...

since i did not ever see the armada tv series....i got the jist that the minicons were first nuetral and then picked sides later in the conflict....so are the minicon transformers in the kmart 10 pack considered aligned with the displayed faction on the front or would you consider them partisans(like in a civil war setup) where they are not proper army troops but support one declared side?

2. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    anyone???

3. Riltht

Riltht Full-Time Doomsayer

Not sure about your question. But in Armada, whichever side awakened the Mini-con got it. So they could just be saying they now have Autobot or Decepticon symbols, or Hasbro just put it out with those for no reason.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    In Armada, the Mini-Cons were specifically said to be neutral so they were treated that way on their pages too. But once they were given one faction or another (started in Cybertron with the VS packs), either on the packaging or on the toy, that is what I consider them to be.

The rough "story" of the Mini-Cons runs roughly like this:

Armada - Mini-Cons are neutral
    constructs of Unicron who rebelled against to him thanks to contact with a time-displaced Rad, Alexis and Carlos at their time of creation
    . Although not explicitly shown in Armada the series, the supplementary Linkage manga that came with the Micron Legend DVDs indicates the Mini-Cons founded a new colony for themselves after the defeat of Unicron.
    Energon - a few Mini-Cons are seen assisting the Autobots.
    Cybertron - Mini-Cons exist on the Giant Planet. Three set out into the galaxy exploring and met Vector Prime. Meanwhile, the toy bios mention that a rebellion breaks out in the Mini-con colony with a band of renegade, Decepticon aligned Mini-Cons under Thrust taking on the Mini-Con Council of Sages.
    Universe 2.0 - Implies, if this is the same continuity continued, that the Mini-Cons ended up lost and scattered across the galaxy, possibly as a result of Thrust's rebellion, and if that is in-continuity for these guys, then almost certainly those who did not follow Thrust in allying with the Decepticons would have gone over to the Autobots.

5. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    so if the box packaging shows them part of a decepticon or autobot team...even if the toy sports the minicon faction symbol then it would be normal to consider them aligned with the faction the box art represents then i am assuming?

this is what got me confused...because i assumed the faction sporting minicons were part of that group...and when the 10 pack came out and shows box art on the front displaying autobot and decepticon minicon teams and the toys do not display the symbols of each side...I was like WTH?

6. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

You'll note that the original Armada minicons had their <M> symbol molded in, while the classics minicons don't, repaints of those with the <M> have it painted on.

I think once Armada was over Hasbro decided kids wanted things to be defined as good guys or bad guys. Why do the minicons in the Universe 10 pack have <M> symbols rather than Autobot/Decepticon symbols? Maybe someone screwed up.