Confusion about Encore Metroplex

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Eventually, I'll want to add Metroplex to my collection. I've been told that the Encore line have not been copied, but there was an exception with Metroplex?
    That said, how do I know if I'm buying a legitimate Metroplex?
    From my USA source, there's this package. Look at the fifth item down:
    Digital-Toys.com : TRANSFORMERS MAIN PAGE
    Then, there's the KOToys.com version shown here: Metrotitan - G1 KO at KOTOYS.COM
    At least this one is kind enough to let you know it's a knock-off and shows you a picture of the item. If I remember correctly, Metroplex was all white and didn't have all this blue on him?
    So that said, I asked the owner of Digital-Toys about these after buying Omega Supreme from him. He told me that he is strictly a Takara-Tommy dealer and all his are genuine. Should I ask him to e-mail me a photo of the actual item?
    I've mentioned before I don't mind getting a knock-off of a particular Transformer, as long as it's nearly identical to the original. This version is obviously not. So, need help in getting the correct Encore Metroplex.

2. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    The second one is Metrotitan. A completely different character. Metrotitan was a Decepticon, released in the latter years of G1 in Japan. That particular one is a KO of Metrotitan. The real Metrotitan should have red, not neon red/pink parts. The real Metrotitan also comes with a Micromaster.

There IS a KO of Encore Metroplex, though. It's nearly identical in appearance to the real Metroplex, but the quality and tolerances aren't as good.

In short, the Digital Toys listing is Metroplex. The KOToys one is Metrotitan. They're completely different characters.

3. Tigertrack

Okay, thank you. I wasn't sure as they had similar names and appearances.
    Question still remains, how do I know I'm getting the correct METROPLEX?

4. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Mike at Digital Toys is a good guy, he wouldn't knowingly sell you a KO. I've not spoken to him for a couple of years, but he still has a good reputation.

A few KO Encore Metroplex's appeared at TFSource, once this was known, Curt took them back and replaced them with genuine ones for anyone affected, they also paid the return shipping as well, so no-one lost out in any way.

Also, I get that being new to the forums/getting back into TF's can be exciting, but there's a 'Search' function man.

5. Tigertrack

I guess I'll have to learn how to "search" before asking. :D 
    I assume Mike is still working at/with Digital Toys and is the one who's helped me out with my two recent purchases.
    I have no experience yet with TFSource so glad to hear their helpful folks.