Confused about Wreck-Gar

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LadyStarscream, Mar 23, 2011.

1. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I get the Scourge with the Sweeps thing, but I don't understand why anyone would want/need an army of Wreck-Gars? I know there are many Junkions, but they weren't identical carbon copies of Wreck-Gar? Am I missing something? I'm more of a G1 Season 1-2 fan, and don't care for the animated movie or Season 3 enough to know everything so figured I would ask.

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Some people are buying multiples because they know there's gonna be add-ons to differentiate them. Others are just impatient and want Wreck-gar to have his own cycle now. Me, I'm with you, waiting for the retools and recolors to differentiate them.

3. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    they weren't carbon copies but close enough. Plus, since he can ride himself people want to get 2 to do that. Also, some guy is making junkion parts to differentiate wreckgar so people are buying multiples for that.

4. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    They're hoarding Nazis who'll stop at nothing to ensure that you and anyone else will not get the pleasure of owning said Junkion! I honestly thought about getting a few Scourges to have some sweeps, but left 'em on pegs and let others who were looking for him know where to get him. Figured that was way fairer than being a greedy sumbitch and not letting someoen else enjoy his Scourginess. Btw... I'm only half-kidding about the hoarding Nazis...

5. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

and of course people are buying multiples to scalp them but are just saying they're troop building when they're not.

6. jerminator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That too.

7. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    2 of my friends have 20 each. Not for scalping, and not for hoarding.

MAIDEN JAPAN is making parts to differentiate the Junkions. Heads, chests, knee and shoulder spikes, weapons etc. 10 heads in all. Eventually anyway.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/370705-wreck-gar-add-project.html

Both of these guys will be buying all 10 heads and different sets in different colors to have a little junkion army. 10 modded and 10 in bike mode.

I personally have 4. Only because I want Wreckgar on a bike and one of MAIDEN JAPAN's guys on a bike.

Be careful when passing judgment on people you know nothing about. Makes you look like a judgmental whiny child who can't find the toys they want.

8. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I only have one Wreck gar but will be getting more because I have two sets of add ons on preorder from Maiden Japan. In total I will own 3 wreck gars and one of the remouled guys.

Hey if you want to horde, horde. Scalpers and horders will always exist, getting around them is part of the thrill of the hunt.

9. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

*sigh* Troop building in Transformers, never thought I'd see the day.

10. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I think you missed out on Energon with the Terrorcons but I also think I sense some sarcasm in your post lol.

11. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I'm not going crazy with these guys. I only got three Wreck-Gars myself. Two for the Bike and Rider, and one as a back up. When ScrapHeap and Junkyard make their apperance, 3 of each them as well, and mix the riders and the bikes. But that is it.

12. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

i have 4 now w/ 5 on order from bbts/ the one from the e-hobby exclusive ordered and want a united w.gar to be wreckgar and the others to be the junkions...i have pre-ordered 4 complete upgrade sets w heads from maiden japan and plan on ordering @ least 6 more complete sets and all 10 heads....after that i'll see where my army is and c if i need to buy anything else..im not a army builder collector by any means and this was the first time i ever bought more than 2 of any bot... but w/wreckgar it makes sence since there is a whole planet of junk full of them..

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  13. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone posted a screen cap from the movie showing some of the different junkions. There were at least 2 different heads other than Wreck-Gar's.

14. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

If I knew there was gonna be a US release of Scrapmetal, I'd only get one Wreck Gar. As it stands, I can't even find one on the shelves.

15. jerminator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Consider me a whining child then. Dilligaf? Whenever it pops up online the scalpers/herder/hoarders, etc grab em up before anyoen else can...and gas is too goddamend high to be driving around all over creation for one damn toy. It's fucking disheartening and severely frustrating to see the wavemates on the shelves without this one character. Not all of us have desk jockey jobs where we can afford to pay ebay or marked up internet prices for a $12 figure.

On a lighter note, I got Windcharger.

16. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I own one Wreck-Gar, and one Scourge.

If I can find another Wreck-Gar whenever Target, Walmart, or TRU, has another $8-$9 Deluxe sale, then I'll buy one so he can ride himself.

Someone here was selling junkion parts to make a Junkion army.. they look great, but just something I don't need.

17. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have one Wreck-Gar and one Scourge. If Hasbro makes Reflector and he appears as the "generic" animation model they used for him in G1, I'll just buy one of him too.

Army building's cool for those that do it (if I bought Joes, Star Wars, or Marvel stuff I'd definitely do it), but for some reason I can't quite get into it for Transformers. If I owned multiple Scourges, I see them as just Scourge (even as a kid, the Sweeps looking exactly like Scourge seemed lame)...the Junkion thing, I can get because of that add-on set AND the "one can ride another" factor, which is a neat little bonus gimmick that Hasbro/Takara threw in there, but I'm not motivated to get multiples there, even with an add-on set. Hell, I only bought the three Cybertron Scrapmetals because I found all three colors of the Galaxy Force versions, and I repurposed the red and blue ones as Rumble and Frenzy anyways.

Hopefully, eventually, there'll be enough Wreck-Gars and Scourges for everyone who wants massive Junkion and Sweep armies. I'll be content to wait for eHobby Scrapheap and any potential Hasbro remolds in the future.

18. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

Thanks to all who responded! I didn't know about the add on sets before posting, makes sense. I had to search for the thread, I think the add on sets are really cool, but I can't justify investing 50.00 into making unique 12.00 figures into 62.00 figures, no matter how great they look. If I can wait nearly 5 years for Hasbro to release Thundercracker, I can surely wait on mass produced Junkions.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Troop bulding in transformers has existed long before now.

20. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

One more thing: There are other Junkions who shared an animation model with Wreck-Gar.