Confused about the Power Core line

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thedreaded1, May 21, 2010.

1. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does this line have anything to do with Transformer: Prime or is it just a filler until the new movie and tv show comes out?

2. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    unless someone from TF: Prime says so, NO, it has nothing to do with the show.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  3. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I think it's just new toys building upon the public's familiarity with ROTF Devastator. As far as we know, they're currently not tied to any specific continuity

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

They are just filler until new main lines come out.

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    In before NO...oh wait...

In before FILLER LINE....oh damn...

Oh well that's your answer. No, it has nothign to do with PRIME, it is just a filler.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

6. catz

catz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i think it's just hasbro trying something new, or would you prefer they keep making bots off a show?

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it's an experiment by Hasbro to see what the pubic will go for in combiners and mini bots. Sort of testing the waters to see if something would go over before trying it in their main lines.

So back to the original question Power Core is it's own line of action figures. If fans want to they could place them in their other collections but so far they aren't tied into any story lines for the movies, Prime, or Generations.

8. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Protector

News Credits:
    I hope not... that line somehow doesnt interest me. But I do like the fact that whomever is responsible for this, is trying something thats unique to Transformers. That way of thinking is what I like, foreward thinking approach....

9. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Smolder and Chopsters' appearances in the Cyber Missions would suggest that at least those two characters are from the movieverse.

10. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's AEC part four. That's why the minicons have four modes. . .

Minicons (armada) + Energon (energon weapons) + Cybertron (activation). That why the minicons are translucent and have the fourth mode for attaching as the combiner armor.

Anybody buying this? :D 

11. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I'll buy your story, but I won't be buying Hasbro's PCC's.

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

They're sorta a filler line, but still riding on the movie popularity like the "yellow box" packaged TF's are. For the PCC's, the idea is that they're using more "Advanced" combination technology that was first demonstrated by...Skids and Mudflap's ice cream truck stint. The relation is solidified by Smolder and Chopster being in the movie-spin-off cyber mission shorts.

Of course, beyond that the PCC's don't really have any other ties to the movie line whatsoever as far as I know. The PCC's all even have the "original" TF faction logos (the Autobot symbol looks less angry and are red, and the Decepticon symbol's "eyes" are triangles, not diamonds), although that might not mean as much since Leader Starscream has the regular Decepticon symbol, too.

13. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i am getting Smolder and Searchlight, leaving the rest behind.
    i don't need new combiners, just those 2 decent bots.

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've got the first two waves preordered. I personally love the designs and the concepts behind them.

I'm also a fan of combiners, and that level of free-form combiner fun would be excellent.

15. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I really like the way they are taking this and with this powercore line its going to add that much more later down the road. I have always loved combiners anyway so I will end up getting quit a few of this line.

16. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    I only want Huffer from this line (but really hope we get a proper Classics 3.0 version). I appreciate Hasbro farting around with combiners, but I'd much rather them give us a full on, well thought out gestalt where every limb has a alt mode and robot mode.

I'd be cool if they want to integrate smaller 'power core' mini-cons (as weapons, armor, whatever) with it, but really I just want a straight up 'Classics' style gestalt with the design team asking themselves, "what would those Fansproject guys do and how can we do it better so they have no way of adding 'upgrades' to our designs."

17. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As a collector, I would agree with this. But think about it for a second. Kids love this stuff. When I was younger I didn't care so much that Super Pants Prime lacked leg articulation...he got freaking huge. With one small Transformer and maybe a minicon, the autotrasformation will be tons of fun and less hassle for any younger child. Heck, I may not a adore the line, but want to pick on up just to fiddle with.

18. oxidative

oxidative last chance to evacuate

I totally agree. It's all about the kids at the end of the day. If Hasbro can't indoctrinate them now, what are we going to be buying in 20 years :lol 

19. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

I like the 2 large combiners. Wouldnt mind seeing a continuing line of combiners during the next main release lines.