Confused about GDO

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LadyStarscream, Sep 17, 2012.

1. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

Not sure what the deal is with these. I have some questions, any answers appreciated!

Are these exclusive to Asia or also coming to US?
    Is there a complete list of all the figures somewhere?
    BBTS is not carrying these?

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    1) Right now, I believe they're Asia exclusive, but there've been sightings in Canada, be it rare ones. Not sure if they've been found in the US yet, though.

2) There's a complete list in the Resource Section, and here's a [link] to it.

3) We'll need to check the online stores, but I'd find it hard to believe that none of the online stores will have em.

3. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Just a bit of an aside, I'm here in China right now, and the GDO Deluxes are in alt mode packaging here, unlike in other Asian regions where they're in bot mode.

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Yes that's a point. They are all supposed to be coming out in vehicle mode packaging for the Deluxes and Robot mode packaging for the voyagers in October/November (roughly) in America.

Aside from Brawn who is either cancelled or delayed.

So Springer for example was originally sold in robot mode now he's in Vehicle mode. I'm glad they are getting a cheaper more wider USA release as I'd like that Megatron but not so much as I'd want to pay a big premium for it which I might do for Hotspot.

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Per SDCC, yes a bunch are slated to come to the US as TRU exclusives, in packaging that's different from the packaging they come in in Asia. Go figure. If I remember the SDCC panel correctly, they were schedule to hit toward the end of the year, around the time whenever the Prime FEs get released.

BBTS is not carrying these, which is odd because they have carried Asian exclusives before. Since they're not carrying them now, I wouldn't anticipate them carrying the TRU GDO toys unless those end up a shared exclusive of sorts, like how Entertainment Earth and BBTS are supposed to receive the Prime FEs too.

6. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The ones in Ontario seem to be a fluke. A few cases arrived but nothing since. If they were all over Canada, more would have been said about them.

7. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

Quebec threw them out already. Pauline Marois made sure Quebecers won't get these. I gave up when she got elected.

8. Avengers

Avengers Banned

BBTS will most likely offer the GDO toys for sale on their site after they arrive in USA TRU stores & on the TRU.com site. BBTS will most likely have employee field agents go around to the TRU stores in their area. then buy up all the GDO stock. BBTS will most likely also grab a whole bunch of GDO figures if TRU.com list them on-line. This is what BBTS was rumored to have done with TRU MP Thundercracker.

9. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

Thanks guys! So I guess we don't know which ones will be coming to the states? I would buy all of them at retail prices but if I need to pay above that for imports I will need to be more selective.

10. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    According to the SDCC display, everything except the "Brawnhead" toy (Brawn from Prime Bulkhead) is scheduled to come stateside. The Legends, Scouts, Deluxes and the other three Voyagers are all slated for release via TRU.

The Movieverse Leader redecos are not part of this group, however. This is stricly speaking towards the Generations "GDO" stuff. As far as we know, there are no plans for Hasbro to import the G1-themed Leader Ironhide or Starscream or that Dark Energon RotF Megatron.

SDCC 2012- "Asian Exclusive" Generations Hasbro Display - Transformers News - TFW2005