confirmed Zack Snyder to Direct the next Superman movie

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Tekkaman Blade, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    That's a relief, and I agree.

2. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not entirely sure what to think of it, but I'll be optimistic. Snyder certainly hasn't made a bad film, I'm just curious as to how his vision works for Superman. I look forward to a good film! :) 

3. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

Well, technically neither does Batman. Just saying.

4. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

So does this mean we may see some giant Superman dong through that blue spandex?

5. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Batman was such a muddled mess by the time Nolan and company came on that they felt the only way to offer separation from Burton/Schumacher series was a complete break and restart to establish their vision. Batman's origin story has been shuffled and changed so much (who killed his parents, why they were killed, who trained him, when he came back, why he came back, why he chose a bat) and there was no current element to fall back on.

At least with Superman, they have a long running current tv series to act as a backdrop if need be. And Superman's origin has been mostly the same since the beginning. Planet blows up, they send him to earth he becomes Superman. Also, just because the story may not be an origin story doesn't mean the origin for the film won't be established somehow. Prologue, opening credits, flashbacks or dialogue can all be used to setup the origin without focusing solely on it.

6. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't wait to see all of the slow-mo flying scenes.

7. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

YES - that logo, not the Superman Returns/Smallville one. And the suit must be in the proper red/yellow/blue colors, not the muted ones from Superman Returns. Superman is a beacon of hope and nothing communicates that like primary colors.

And I think Brandon Routh deserves another shot at Clark Kent/Superman (as long as he loses the mop hairdo from Superman Returns and gets a proper Superman haircut).

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    You know what this exactly what is needed for a Reboot.

Also points for not making it a origins movie. :thumb  I actually might want to see a gritty Superman movie.

9. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - Not sure what to think of the director. The stuff I've seen from Snyder in the past has been okay, but hasn't blown me away. Just hope he keeps the ramping to a minimum in this one. Glad Nolan is on board.
    - Definitely glad it's not an origin story. Along with Batman and maybe Spider-Man, Superman is one of those characters whose basic origin is universally known; just assume the audience knows his origin and get the story going.
    - Not too keen on the possibility that
    Zod
    may be the villain, since I'd like this to stay as far away from the godawful Burton movies as possible. But then, I'd like to see a villain that will give Superman a physical challenge and he doesn't have too many other rogues that can do that. Of course, semantic argument, but they just say that
    Zod
    'will play a role', not that he'll necessarily be the main villain.
    - Really hope this doesn't have any connection to Smallville.

10. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    No. No more Routh. Christopher Reeves is dead. Brandon Routh is not an ideal Superman... but he does remind you of Chris Reeves.

Whoever they get, he needs to be buff. He needs to be physically imposing... Routh was not. He was a decent Clark Kent, but most actors have handled that part well. I don't know who they can cast, but he needs to be able to flip the switch (Clark muddles along, and hunches his shoulders, while Superman is confident, and somewhat arrogant).

I'm open to anyone, but Routh would be at the bottom of my list. I think Patrick Wilson (Nite Owl from Watchmen) would be a good Supes. The way he played Nite Owl was kinda like Superman... mild mannered out of the suit, more confident and assertive in the suit. He had that akwardness Clark needs. [​IMG]

I would put him in a better suit, but I think he looks an acts Clark enough, without aping Chris Reeves like Routh did.

For Lois, I'm open, tho I think Rachel McAdams would be great. She has the spunk, quirkiness and comedic ability to play Lois.

For Zod, I think Ray Stevenson (Punisher:War Zone,Titus Pollo in Rome) would be perfect... A little taller than Supes (at 6'4") He's big, burly, imposing... give him a beard and he's the perfect Zod. Ursa/Mala , I think Lucy Lawless should be used. It's a crime she's too old to play Wonder Woman, but as a vicious female companion to Zod, she's a good choice.

Lex Luthor - For the love of all that is holy, we know he has to be used. Please pick Clancy Brown. He IS Lex Luthor. Lex doesn't need to be young. He has the mannerisms, voice, intimidation factor... All he needs is to shave his head bald.

Thinking for the future - Brainiac - Liam Neeson, and Darksied - Michael Clarke Duncan.

11. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no problem with this, I know that Zack will honor the source material for the Man of Steel and won't make any pointless changes to his history or character.

12. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I just can't see Superman as a successful live action movie.

Superman 1 did a really good job and two was decent but every attempt since has been horrible.

It's like the Wonder Woman/Hulk curse.

13. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

Really? I alway thought that some superman storys could make great movies. The thing is that they need to do is stop using Luthor as the big bad in the first one, what they really needed is someone Supes can go toe to toe with like Metallo, Parasite, or Mongul.

14. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Looks more like Clark Griswold than Clark Kent.

15. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Does this mean that there are going to be big blue naked men in the movie now?

I'm against that.

16. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Zod? Why Zod?? Well...hopefully it will be as different from Stamp's Zod as Ledger's Joker was from Nicholson's.

Agreed. The biggest threat to Superman (with very few exceptions) is something or someone alien.

17. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Seems like a pretty solid production team.

18. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Gotta agree. Snyder isn't really really know for his originality. He's great at copying source material though. I just don't know what that would mean for Superman.

Hulk only continually fails because writers/producers refuse to treat The Hulk as a character in his own right. If the public audience would get a true comic Hulk brought to the big screen, then that movie would more than succeed where others have failed.

Now WW, having only one show, it's a little difficult to call that a curse, but I think Hollywood realizes just how difficult it would be to adapt her even with today's capabilities.

Other than the 80 years of conflicting changes made by the source materials and varying interpretations by the source itself. What Snyder opts for from the source is going to be key.

19. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Not happy about Snyder, but at least Nolan will be there to possibly control him.

Hope they actually get some fit guy to play supes, tiny guys like the last one don't work imo. He should look more like the All Star Superman design. Also agreed about no luthor, really tired of that guy.

Edit: he also doesn't need a freaking kid, what an idotic attempt to make Superman's life more complex.

20. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Found this. I hope Supes finally gets his first decent movie since 1980.

'Superman' reboot lands Zack Snyder as director with Tom Welliing, Brandon Routh in running to star

I've really warmed up to the idea of Jon Hamm playing Supes. He really looks the part in the Town.

[​IMG]

And I think he could pull off the Clark Kent look pretty easily.

[​IMG]