Confirmed: TLK Voyager Bumblebee isn't happening, but a new mystery Deluxe figure might happen?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Warning: Lots of maintenance and number-crunching here.

Voyager Bumblebee probably isn't happening anytime soon. Sorry.

One of the Voyager figures from The Last Knight I discovered placeholder listings for at Amazon US and Amazon Canada (as reported back in January) has the placeholder/code name "Gamma Beam Grey". I later found more listings at Amazon Italy (as "Gamma") and Amazon Germany (as "TRA 23").

However, back in March, a much more interesting listing for the figure was discovered at Amazon Spain... which calls it "Voyager Bumblebee".

Back in April, I then discovered another placeholder listing at Toys"R"Us UK that has the description "Tf5 Premier Voyager Ast Bumblebee" in its header.

Since then, people have been speculating about a Voyager-sized Bumblebee, with theories ranging from the widely beloved Hunt for the Decepticons Deluxe Class Battle Blade Bumblebee sold at the Voyager price point (like TakaraTomy did a few years ago) to an all-new figure, possibly
    in Bumblebee's World War II body
    seen in the movie.

However, at the beginning of this month, Hasbro officially revealed Voyager Class Decepticon Nitro. Although we had previously known about Nitro through several leaks, he was initially assumed to be a Toys"R"Us exclusive figure like Deluxe Megatron, Deluxe Skullitron and Infernocus (who had also been leaked by that point). Instead, Hasbro confirmed that Nitro would be a general retail release... and that the June 1st reveals would mark the end of The Last Knight's general retail line-up.

So... what does this mean for Voyager Bumblebee?

Online retailer ToyWiz at one point had listings up for the individual wave 3 Voyagers, Scorn and "Gamma Beam Grey" (still using his code name), but those listings have since been taken down. Big Bad Toy Store, TFSource and The Chosen Prime all list wave 3 as consisting of Scorn and Nitro, whereas Entertainment Earth and BBCW Distributors still list them as Scorn (or his placeholder name, "Sun") and "Gamma Beam Grey".

So does this mean Nitro replaces Bumblebee in wave 3? Or was Voyager Bumblebee never planned at all, and the "Voyager Bumblebee" listings were an error? I cannot say for sure, but here's a huge nail in the coffin for all those still hoping for a Voyager
    World War II
    Bumblebee:

The sample for Voyager Nitro that's currently on the frontpage has his Hasbro product code number (C2405) tampographed on his leg:
    The-Last-Knight-Nitro-Zeus-01.jpg C2405.jpg

And that's not only the Hasbro product code number for "Gamma Beam Grey", but also for "Voyager Bumblebee" from the Amazon Spain listing:
    Voyager Bumblebee.jpg

So yeah, sorry.

Last mystery UPC from the January list solved.

The placeholder listings I discovered at Amazon back in January were found via looking up the UPC barcodes, which I got from a list sent from another member who in turn got them from a source working for Toys"R"Us. I never posted the full list, and I couldn't find Amazon listings for all UPCs (because, as it later turned out, some were for Toys"R"Us exclusives)... but as time went on, I was able to check off more and more entries from the list.

Up until yesterday, there was only one remaining mystery entry, the UPC 630509587902. Unlike all other entires on the list, it had no description whatsoever, but was listed alongside the UPCs for what would later turn out to be Leader Class Optimus Prime and Megatron. So the logical conclusion would be that it was most likely Leader Dragonstorm, whose existence was first revealed via a listing at Amazon Spain (discovered back in March together with the "Voyager Bumblebee" listing), and who was eventually officially revealed by Hasbro at the beginning of this month.

To this very day, that UPC is not linked with a listing on any worldwide Amazon site. (For those wondering, the listing at Amazon Spain is linked with an EAN barcode, which is different from a UPC and usually only applies to the European market.) However, yesterday longtime TFW2005 source Mr. Chaos stopped by and confirmed via his own source working for Toys"R"Us that the mystery UPC is now listed under the code name "Extra Terrestrial". I then asked for the Hasbro product code number, which Mr. Chaos confirmed to match up with the one from the Amazon Spain listing for Dragonstorm (C1340).

So that concludes that list.

Another general retail Deluxe Class figure for The Last Knight?

But that's not all Mr. Chaos did. He also revealed, via his contact at Toys"R"Us, that there's a thirteenth Deluxe Class figure for The Last Knight's general retail assortment listed in Toys"R"Us's systems, with the previously unheard of code name "Saturn Rings".

He later added the UPC barcode (63050962489, or 630509624898 including the check digit), and even later also added the Hasbro product code number (C4058).

That number is higher, much higher than all the currently known product code numbers for any other Transformers figure (the next highest number I have is C3481 for the yet-to-be-revealed Allspark Tech Starter Pack Autobot Sqweeks listed at Amazon Spain and Amazon Italy). So it's not like this is a canceled wave 3 Deluxe figure... more like a wave 4 Deluxe figure, based on Hasbro's previous numbering patterns.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. PeterMagnus

PeterMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Very interesting...thanks for doing this digging and reporting it. Who do you think the Deluxe could be? Or who do you want it to be?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    That's quite the detective work. Wouldn't it be a surprise if the Deluxe turns out the be
    WWII Bumblebee.

• Like Like x 6
  4. ILikeSoundwave

ILikeSoundwave Stunticon

News Credits:
    If it exists, hopefully it's Mohawk.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Which reminds me, did we ever learn the code name for Hot Rod?

• Like Like x 1
  6. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Nope.

Aww...this sucks...

7. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Hoping for either Dreadbot Hooligan or Mohawk if this new Deluxe does come to pass. May it be Hot Rod, though?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Doubtful. Hot Rod is a Walmart exclusive, and he has a much lower Hasbro product code number, so he was planned much earlier than "Saturn Rings".

9. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I always take internet toy leaks/rumors with a mound of salt but often times they tend to prove true, so I screen cap and hold on to whatever they are in case I want to see if they actually match up with what eventually gets revealed/announced. During the weeks before Toyfair, leaks of upcoming toy products for the rest of the year tend to get leaked on 4Chan's toy section mostly as text, sometimes as pictures. After leaks of Titans figures that turned out to be true, this also appeared:

IMG_9162.jpg

If they have mistaken the DOTM bumblebee as the wave 3 figure, then that leaves onslaught and wreck-gar (the junk trader bot) as unrevealed new premier series molds (size class unknown). Warpath, hooligan (the van), and Mohawk (the bike) will be one steps and the last two will also get legions (which would be great for the bike scale-wise).

• Like Like x 2
  10. lonewolf96

lonewolf96 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh now that's curious why a thirteenth Figure.

Sure there's a handful of potential candidates but why now.

" Wild speculation on my part "

As for the WW2 bee I had a weird thought that if it was done at all it would be a deluxe Figure along side Hot-rod's WW2 body in some kind of Autobots Unite Walmart exclusive box set.

So indeed the question remains

Exclusive ?
    Cancelled ?
    Or what was intended for a forth wave ?

Time Will tell perhaps in 3 weeks we might know

11. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Waaaaaait...was I right? Is hasbro going to be keeping movie product on shelves from now on? I mean, they said TLK was done but there was more premier edition stuff coming...aaaaand TRU is horrible with naming in their computers. For the longest, Titans return stuff was still listed as part of combiner wars. Maybe this is the first part of the ongoing TCU (transformers cinematic universe) line...?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  12. Unicron the Chaos Bringer

Unicron the Chaos Bringer Protecc this smile!

News Credits:
    Maybe we just might see a leader class infernocus

13. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So it looks like there'll be a case revision somewhere along the line, wave 2.5 or 3.5. I'd say the code name suggests A Bumblebee figure, but than Gamma Ray and Gamma Beam Grey didn't turn out to have any connection, or Nova and Super Nova.

Guess we'll have to see what's shown at SDCC.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ethan personaff

Ethan personaff Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Here\'s what I think it will be. It has to be either a takara exclusive, a figure for the bumblebee movie line, or some kind of exclusive. The character could be WWII bumblebee, Mohawk, Dreadbot, daytrader, or some one else.

15. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    It may have been something planned at one point, and then TLK's merchandise sales success extended it, or it's something that's getting pushed as an interim between the BB movie and TLK as a preview figure for hype building. Which his WWII form would work for that.

16. PeterMagnus

PeterMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That would be awesome

17. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    I know it would never happen...but I'd LOVE a deluxe dreadbot...

But let's be real, if it's a decepticon, it's Mohawk.

18. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't get why people would even want a Voyager Bumblebee? Thought they are all about scaling figures. He's good as a deluxe.

Also, with how the figures are selling, its not like any of these are ever going to be found in stores. LOL

19. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Except, warpath wasn't in the movie, nitro is getting a voyager, not onslaught, all of the legion class figures have been revealed, and this list was debunked a long time ago...

20. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    You mean extremely well right? Cause I went in my local Walmart about a week after they put up heir big TLK display and about half of the premier edition deluxe figures were gone. I'll admit this would be relatively unimpressive...if they weren't all wave 1, and if they didn't have about 50 on the shelf initially.