Confirmed...Script is Four Months Old!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jetplague, May 28, 2006.

1. paskal

paskal SHWOOOO!!

You're using Lord of the Rings as your example? If you think anything about the LotR production was typical Hollywood you're deluding yourself. Peter Jackson made the film exactly as he wanted it and didn't rest until it was done the way he wanted it, money be damned.

They are not making this movie for Transformers fans, they are making the movie to make money. The closer you expect it to be anything like Transformers that we've seen before the more disappointed you are going to be.

Separate the movie from everything else you know and you'll be able to enjoy it along with the million other people that go see it next summer.

2. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    That, I can accept. I mean, it not being G1 .... IF it is Transformers.

From Tony's review of the script, I got the impression that the movie wasn't really a Transformers' flick, much less a G1 one.

-airfox

3. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Heres my 2 cents. I wish you all would relax about this,since Bay is
    trying his hardest to make this movie happen,and you think its gonna
    suck,and I agree that it will "for you",but I'm not gonna worry about
    it,as I don't have unreal expectations about the movie. So I will say
    like a lot are thinking "If your so against Bay and the movie,then
    don't go see it"

4. Shotoman

Shotoman Well-Known Member

Wow you people are negative! Geeze. I've read the reviews, I've followed the rumors, I've checked all this out, and I'm still remaining cautiously optomistic about the movie. I mean, if the movie is great, then we will have much to cheer about, if it's a good movie that kinda misses the mark, well, at least it gets the transformers name out there and get more people interested, if the movie completely blows, we just chalk it up to a bad experience and go back to some of the other TF stuff we like. In the end, it's just a movie and not really worth getting that hot under the collar about.

A few notes:
    Tony's review states it's not what HE's looking for in a TF flick. His wants and expectations will be a little different than anybody else's. Like all reviews about anything take it with something of a grain of salt.

Though the basic thrust of the story will undoubtably not be changed, if the script is over four months old, there will be changes, possibly in the form of more dialouge/character growth. I'm not holding my breath on a fully talking Bumblebee, however (and y'know what? I can live with that. Not what I'd choose to do, but I can live with that.)

Being crytpic about what we'll actually see doesn't strike me as being rude, cruel, or bad. It's part of the busienss, and, truthfully, helps keep my interest piqued.

That is all.

5. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Since everyone is being so negative :rolleyes2 

Let me say that I AM a fan and I AM looking forward to this movie.

I read a little of those "script" articles and LOTS of the critazim on this board. You know what? It doesn't sound like it's gonna be 1/2 bad. I could be wrong of course, it could end up looking like a Power Rangers megazords running around, but I doubt that too.

It could be GREAT! I hope so, but I don't expect it to be.

Maybe some older Marvel fans remeber 'the movie curse'? For about 20 years it seemed like every movie based on a Marvel charachter was HORRID. A lot of people said it was becuase Hollywood never took comics seriously. (ie. The Punisher (Dolph Lungund version), Spiderman Vs. Captian America, the nerver released Fantastic Four movie)

Well Then came Blade, then Spider-man, then Xmen and guess what? Major mainstream sucess! (better that remakes of 70's movies like Posiden, Chocolate Factory and Omen)

So if that leaked script is 80% true, I'll see it, and I think of what could have been, but if they nail it like Jackman nailed Wolverine, I will be one very happy person.

6. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Only 30% TFs does not make a Transformers movie. That's more like a Voltron movie. For those of you with low standards, that's fine. I'm not going to bother with this.

7. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    See? that's why I didn't give an opinion with the reviews. :D  But this was good to read.:thumb 

8. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bay says that the reviews of the leaked scripts were good. He may be saying that the reviews of the script brought up valid criticism. This guy usually writes in his posts very cryptically, and very rarely says exactly what he means. As with others, I know that a ton can change in a script in 4 months (and the script is OLDER than that), and as others have stated a lot can change DURING filming too. I have a feeling that once they see what impact the TF's have onscreen, the human to TF ratio will tip a little more in the TF direction. I also feel that an all TF movie would hold no empathic feel from a non-TF-fan audience member. I can live with that. I want this movie to be succesful so it inspires more movies, and more toys. I want this movie to be successful for what it can do for the entire TF franchise. Not just for what it can do for me, in the 2 hours that I am in the theatre, (multiply by repeated viewings). I feel that this flick will be a huge blockbuster, and will provide us with a passtime for years to come. (Including bashing it relentlessly because we didn't see Bludgeon playing with himelf in the background)

9. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Not only that, but a live action TF movie with no humans (as in zero humans) wouldn't exactly be a live action movie.... it would be an animated feature.

-airfox

10. Jetplague

Jetplague Michael Bay is evil!

very true. I do want the human element left in...naturally. Just don't let it dominate it, I think thats the general concensus about it. Hollywood studios and big budget film makers are always cryptic in their answers. They have to be....just look how nuts the fans went after this leak. Or anything else that gets spread around on the rumor mill. This is like trying to build a secret weapon, but will all the people as the spys. They've got to keep it under wraps, or else...no movie to go see...since everyone has talked, read and seen all the major cool shots about it.

Does this mean their not listening to our "suggestions and input" hell no. They just don't want everyone ruining the fun for everyone else. It would be like running out of the Empire Strikes Back and telling the 2 hour "waiting in line" crowd that Vader is Luke's father. Nice. (Funny...but not nice.)

11. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    You know, one of the nice things about the script having been leaked in such a way is that it's now given the Hollywood types another draft edit that they could choose to review if they wanted.

Now, again, I'm also of the opinion that the Hollywood types usually don't listen to thing one that the fandom says - I've just seen too many examples of that and not enough of "we hear you" fan participation, but that's mostly from being a Star Trek fan for years - so it'll be interesting to see if these reviews of the four-month-old script actually help the movie reach a point where it's more accessible for both newcomers and regular fans.

12. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

That's what happened in the Simpsons,Homer just blurted it out in front of new movie comers

I'd be SERIOUSLY peeved if I'm waiting in line for this movie.And someone who's JUST seen it blurts out the best parts of the movie:redface2: