Confirmed...Script is Four Months Old!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jetplague, May 28, 2006.

1. Jetplague

Jetplague Michael Bay is evil!

Talk about us fans jumping the gun....ol' Mikey finally sends us an update and his reaction to the "leaked script"

Edit: I should have said in the title...that the script is older then the date said in the review. Bay states its way off.

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Interesting read, thanks Jet!

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    sounds good.

bumblebee needs to talk. Thats my biggest complaint from what I read previously. NO SONGS.

*hopes movie bumblebee is as awesome as classic bumblebee*

4. Jetplague

No prob. I think the fans can at least rest a little easier and realise that the leaked script isn't at all what the final product will be. It all seemed a tad too easy to get their mits on something like that. It was probably the very first draft that they chucked and rewrote from there on.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I agree, I mentioned resting easy in the frontpage article *L*

6. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I hope they fixed all the crap that was wrong with the reviewed one. 4ft tall Soundwave?! No talking Bumblebee?! Very little talking from the Transformers at all?! Come on!!

7. Jetplague

Bay sounds positive about the filming (Dispite the heat strokes), so I imagine he's on a role in getting the live action done on schedule.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I imagine the reason TFs didnt talk much in the script that was reviewed is because they werent sure of who was going to be in the movie when it was written. you can't write good dialogue unless you have a character in mind to be speaking it. all the autobots have different personalities, and have different ways of talking. For example... Prowl. He always tends to make a big deal out of little issues, and has an annoying, overconfident way of interacting with "lower ranked" autobots. you couldnt have him speaking the same kind of lines you would give to someone like Ironhide or Sunstreaker.

So until they had the cast nailed down, it would be kind of impossible to write decent dialogue for them, and just assign the names to the words later on.

9. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Best news we've heard all week.

10. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

Osprey-Stealth-A10s:thumb 
    Sounds like a nice action flick.

I think its pretty clear now that dialogue is Optimus' specialty. In other words, no draft/script is likely to have indepth Autobot-Autobot interaction, especially not with any trademark character quirks.
    This is not going to be page 1 of Furman's "Eye of the Storm" either. TFs are going to be a mystery, there will not be any social insights.

My guess is the Autobots will have as much 'persona' as the navy seals, following an actual character's orders. I can except this.

11. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

I am still skeptic about this. :redface2: 
    Why ? call it a huntch....
    I don't want to be the one that brings the house down but I feel that the script didn't change much. :mad 

12. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well just because it's different from what we know about the "old script" doesn't mean it's better! Yeah, there's a good chance, but damn, what if they went and made it even worse? Haha

We'll just have to see eh?

13. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, not necessarily good news that the script is old, but let's hope. :)  Especially if they us all freaking the hell out over some of these things.

Cool stuff otherwise, with all the shooting and military stuff.

I think that'll be one of the best things about the movie- thoroughly military style Decepticons.

14. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Just for emphasis:

As long as they fix Bumblebee...

15. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

yeah.....cos people never go to see a film once they know whats in it/about, they walk around the streets with their fingers in their ears and a blindfold on just in case they come across a reveiw before they see it. Give me a break, they dont want it to be criticised and force a change. Criticism worries moneymen as moneymen always worry about return and moneymen make things happen.

16. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm. this gives me a "little" hope. Not a lot though. The script certainly changed but likely not a LOT since he worrys the old version will still spoil everything for a lot of folks. :p 

17. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    Lets hope SS taught him more than just that.

18. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

I'm glad to hear this is an old script, but I was indeed sceptical of the reliability of what had been leaked out. It didn't make any sence to have a Transformers movie with little talking from the Trandformers themselves. Yes humans should be involved, but there just didn't seem to be enough interaction with the Transformers so I saw this as more of a WIP script.

19. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    HOpefully if our major complaints (bumblebee, soundwave) haven't been fixed, then they could be now. I hope too that they can get different alt modes for bumblebee too at this point.

20. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

Hopefully this early draft was the one that they kept arguing over if Bumblebee was too much like Herbie and that someone was like 'He needs to talk, fcuk this." and changed it.