Confirmed: IG-TF004A/B Canceled.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bellpeppers, May 4, 2011.

1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    From what I have been able to gather from the hints given by people "in the know"

This will be a stand alone figure in scale to the newer, smaller scale of MPs and a completely original design.

The UM armour add on has been shot down completely to the point that no one should even bring it up again lol.

These things will neither be target or armour masters because of the size that is being implied.

Now if anyoen can bring some insight to the lastest hint I would be greatful....What is this about ADD ONS?

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I would gladly help you theorize, if you give me evidence of what you stated. Not that I don't believe you =), but that, I want to see from which statements you are inferring these statements from. It would help.

3. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Different trailer. They cancelled theirs because they're going to sell someone else's.

4. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What??? Are saying what I think you are saying, Igears cancelled UMagnus trailer/armor? If that's the case, I'll be disappointed. But at the same time, I'm glad I didn't purchase their PP01 Ultra until I see some photos of the trailer.

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Find any posts in a recent iGear thread and look for posters Fabexmax and Cheem. They seem to know what it is.

You can read my posts in this thread to summize what they have said.

-Not a UM add on
    -New design and mould
    -In scale with PP
    -it is an Autobot (but I have no clue where that came from but people are claiming it as fact)

You ask me, that boils down to Alternator type figure. I just don;t know about the newest tidbit we got about add ons.

From what I have been able to gather the UM trailer was a complete farce and was never being planned by iGear. Some poster made a false statement claiming that he gave iGear a UM trailer that he bought from a Radicon for $1200. That was shot down from insider sources and the fact that the poster has very little credability..basically is was spam or flame or whatever you call it when someone comes on to cause shit...trolling lol

6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    MP Bumblebee (as a Beetle).

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    That makes sense BB as 04 and CJ as 05.

My only issue with this is that Alternity made BB and CJ and they fit in very well in the Alternators line. But, they received a pretty cool reception by fans so there is still a market for those figures in this line.

8. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Official Statement: iGear has cancelled IG-TF004A/B because of time and cost.

Reading between the lines: iGear will wait until somebody else spends the "time" and "cost" of making the same thing, then they will surprisingly come out with it again.

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    So many people hate on iGear for "Stealing" and yet they have released many items and have the money to make many more.... The math just isn't working here lol

10. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Have you missed the news lately? iGear will be selling a new MP trailer in June. Not their design (straight MP-04 copy), that's why they cancelled theirs. No point in selling 2 versions.

11. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just thought it was an easy joke. :D 

My only real complaint about iGear is that I wish they would manufacture their product and/or ship it faster. I hate paying up front for a preorder that still ends up getting delayed by a month or two. Other than that, it's all good.

12. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    If they finally make something that's not just a remold of something else, and is actually good, that's great. I probably won't get it, though. I'm still not a big fan of their business practices.

13. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Or maybe Dinobots?

14. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Interesting. So... new design =original design or it means they are copying another one of Hasbro's? I still think its some kind of target master that's "in scale" with PP. Or, maybe they made an MP sideswipe/sunstreaker/redalert mold.

15. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Ironhide/Ratchet? They are only ones I can think of that have not gotton a decent G1 figure since.... well ever.

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    From what I have read it is a completely new design not copied from anyone else. I gather that after 04 is out people will stop complaining about iGear doing nothing but stealing moulds.

Once again though, that add on comment has thrown me for a loop. I canèt think of a Masterpiece that would need add ons other than UM but that rumour has been squashed...as in not even a maybe exists.

17. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Here are my outlandish guesses for iGear's next PP figures....

1) They are going to upscale the FP Protector armor and mash it onto MP Rodimus somehow.

2) MP Dinobots as an "Add-on" for Grimlock.

Eh? Seriously though, Dinobots would be rad. So rad that we could start using the word "rad" again without looking like a tool. They would bring "rad" back from the dead and into a glorious position as the number one use of verbalized approval.

iGear.. start with Sludge. Please.

18. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transbot, your avatar should be Nightbeat! You have me cracking up over here! Add me as a friend. You're cool in my book. :thumbs2: 

19. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    indeed that's very outlandish. I mean, for #1, does MP roddy need to get any bigger? :p  the aesthetics is diff., too. Protector is a updated classic feel, while MP Rod is a retro G1 feel.

For #2, I would be VERY amused if this can happen, but I don't see how. It would require too much change for it to be worth it.

20. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wonder if Hastak went after them for this.