Confirmation on Alternators Nemesis Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by KidDynamite, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sucketh that it's gotta be Nemesis Prime, but at least it won't be clogging the shelves

2. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

I'm all up for a Nemisis Prime. I'm hoping we get them here.

3. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

I'd guess they have other plans for Trailbreaker or Groundbreaker or whatever they'll have to call it.

As for the limited thing.... some people should calm down. Even if it is some sort of 'Internet exclusive' Hasbro will just rotate it into retail case assortments later. The Ram SRT10 only has three standard colors, so Hasbro aren't going to discount NP as a standard release toy - otherwise they might alter the mold into annother variant of the Ram which would cost more money.

4. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

So is it still slated for May release?

5. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

Maybe. I personally love the evil Prime concept. It's the antithesis of Prime. I really like the idea of the antithesis of anything or anyone. Then again, that may be obvious since it's under my name. It is my favorite word.

Anyway, I hope it isn't too limited that I can't find it. I never saw Swerve once. In fact don't think I even saw his case assortment. For swerve it was a terrible thing,(at least not as bad as not seeing tracks the first time around) but I do really want this one.

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well... this should be interesting. My only question is just how "limited" is he going to be. By the very nature of him being an exclusive to someplace... he's already limited. Or is it going to be "limited" like Swerve and Energon Ultra Magnus and the other Armada to Energon repaints where they were only in one wave and than gone? Of course, he could be the first club store exclusive, but hopefully not. The only thing that I would dread is if he were some kind of convention exclusive, but that's probably not the case at all.

7. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Holy shit! Did I not call it when I said Hasbro would do something stupid like the Galactic Hunt Star Wars figs, but make a chase Alternator instead. I will never crack wise again for fear it might come true.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, we were talking about that one ...what?... two months back or so at work I think. It's been awhile and I said they'd better not when you said they would... and now they seem to be... possably... let's not jump to conclusions like everyone did with Cybertron Wing Saber :D 

9. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

yay eBay exclusive!

10. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Yep, but I'm going to call him Rodimus.

Nemisis Prime is a stupid name too, I'll just go with Scourge.

Re: older hard to find Alts, yeah, for Swerve and original release Tracks I bought the only ones I ever saw on a store shelf. I'll be satisfied if the same thing happens with NemPrime.

11. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I will wait for more confirmation on this guy then one online retailer. none of the other stores have got him up and if he is supposed to come out in may...we already know the may case assortment is Prime mirage tracks and meister. I doubt the would substitute nem prime for prime since it would only be his second case and new molds have always gotten at least 2 cases assortments. Unless they are going to replace tracks with him, however have both primes out at the same time? I dont think they have ever dont that. I still wait for more official word. I would like to get it so I hope they are wrong about the limited thing...why would they make a limited repaint of any alt? swerve I can see..he was the third repaint, however this will only be the 2nd of the ram...we should be inundated with them.

12. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's an intresting idea, if these are limited due to being BTA's that Takara is not selling, might they be Diecast?

If so, then what shall they sell for?

(food for discussion. :D  )

13. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Those are different though. Those are just the same figures in fancy silver highlighted packaging. The figure inside is the same. I collect my fair share of sealed stuff, but chase packaging is just stupid.

This sounds more like the SDCC/online exclusive Shadow Stormtrooper that was recently revealed...only a limited/exclusive, never previously done army builder, repainted from the best Stormtrooper mold ever, is farfar worse than one elusive Alt. repaint IMO.

14. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know, I was just bullshitting with Laser Optimus at work and said something like, "Watch, Hasbro is going to try something like chase figures in Transformers, but instead of a basic or deluxe repaint, they're gonna make it a f**king alternator."

15. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

This is gonna suck. Alts are hard enough to come by around here. When they actually do get some in they get a boatload of the same ones and they become shelf warmers. I still haven't seen Swerve, Wheeljack, Decepticharge or Ricochet.

16. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

BAH! Limited releases are never fun.

17. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    after having gotten and sold the first wave of the bubble boxes, my TRU today got in a new case of Alts..... the Shockwave/Battle Ravage/ Windchager/ Wheeljack case :banghead: 

Andy

18. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hmmm. This comment, plus being reminded by the mentions of Galactic Hunt, makes me wonder: Could he be a mail-away? Hasbro IS doing this with this year's SW "Vintage" OTC figures. (Buy all 5 and mail away for a Lucas-as-Stormtrooper figure.)

Depending upon how many (and which) Alts one has to buy, that might be OK.

19. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

So still no other retailers have listed this?

20. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    By "HASBRO EXCLUSIVE" do they really mean "USA EXCLUSIVE"?