Confirmation of Cybertron Deluxe Wave 9: Smokescreen, Megatron and Optimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Entertainment Earth has posting listings for Transformers Cybertron Deluxe Wave 9, the new figures listed in this wave consist of 2x Optimus Prime (NEW), 1x Megatron (NEW), 1x Smokescreen (NEW). This listing can be found <a href="http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HT80286J" target="_blank">here</a>. Smokescreen is expected to be a Crosswise recolor in the G1 Smokescreen colors that appeared in concept artwork on a Japanese message board by Sage2764. It's expected that the Optimus and Megatron listings will actually be Beast Wars figures.

Thanks to <a href="http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10851" target="_blank">The Allspark</a> for the news.

2. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

The Prime isn't the Armada Prime redeco?

I'm curious about the Megatron, too.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Crosswise's repaint is one of VERY few repaints I would actually buy, along with the Excillion(Hot Rod) I just bought. sometimes the paintjobs are just too good for me to ignore.

4. butz

butz slippery when wet

Yeah, do we know what this deluxe cyb Megatron is supposed to be?

5. Viper_486

Viper_486 Cobraaa!

Helooo Smokescreen! :D 

6. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Argh, and I was hoping I could be done with at least the deluxes now. Oh well, this will be a nice repaint anyways.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, we know what Smokescreen looks like... wonder what's up with those other two listings. I suppose Optimus Prime could be either the BW figure (hope not) or just the current Deluxe Prime. I'm interested in Megatron... it'd be nice to actually get a deluxe sized Megs in a line for a change. Of course, it could actually just be the BW figure repackaged...

8. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wtf, no Unicron? Lame.

9. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Beast Wars figures? Which ones? I'm confuddled

10. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

Personally I hope they are the BWX leader molds, minus the ships and comics, crammed into deluxe packaging.

As Due to the Dvd additions and price point some countries have not got any BWX releases and wont, mainly because to DVD region politics.

Either as they are, primal and Beast Megs, or recoloured:

Predacon, T-Wrecks, Apelinq, Apeface, Rippersnapper, Snapdragon, Blot etc...

Hell make some new names up or make one the previous Jungle Planet leader, as mentioned in Undermine's extra content.

Oh and Smokescreen:rock 

I loves me some deluxe price point transformers.

11. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    If this Prime and Megatron are just the new BWX figures repackaged without so many goodies, I'd buy 'em in a heartbeat. To me they look like pretty good figures for $10, but not quite good enough for $15.

12. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I hope they're not the BW 10th leaders. It'd be kinda dumb to release them, then release them so soon in cybertron packaging.

13. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I bet Prime and Megatron might be the Prime and Megatron coming from the upcoming target 2 pack, with different paint jobs. Just a thought, it says (NEW) so thats why it might not be the beast wars figures(since they aren't exactly new now).

Then again if it is the beast wars leaders, thats kinda cool too, its a better price to stomach for them.

14. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'll get the 20th versions of Primal and Megs just for the ships.

I just saw the Unicron/Prime wave the other day, but Uni was already gone. Now he's not gonna be in the next one. Happy hunting.

15. butz

butz slippery when wet

Why do I get the feeling this Megatron is just a mixed up listing for deluxe Unicron?

16. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    "Personally I hope they are the BWX leader molds, minus the ships and comics, crammed into deluxe packaging."

same here!!!!

I know they'll fit in the deluxe packaging, just ditch those extra's, and they're all set :) 

Jungle planet needs real leaders!! scourge sucks :p 

17. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Hmmm....no unicron again? I guess I am not going to get a 2nd one then anytime soon :(  I will be getting smokescreen redeco of crosswise since I did not get crosswise the 1st time.

18. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I wonder if Unicron will be like the Armada remolds: in the asst, out, then back again. But that would assume the release of a 10th Deluxe wave, which I doubt. Good luck to those who still need to find him!

19. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it turns out to be the BWX figures I would be interested to see how they get packed. Primal should fit no problem, but Megatron could be tricky. The tail would need to be removed and placed next to the main portion of the figure or packaged in Robot form, which I don't think has been done with the deluxes in Cybertron yet. I already have both so I would like to see new molds but could care less if they turn out to be the BWX figures. I would be surprised if they turn out to be them though. Won't the $15 BWX figures still be on shelves when these figures are released?

I will be all over Smokescreen though. Nice seguay (sp?) into the classics line from Cybertron.

20. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I'll second that. WHY waste time/effort re-releasing something that had just been out for 2 months?? I would rather see NEW figures than repaints.. :(  I won't be buying 'em if these'r anything but repaints. *Yawn!*