Confirm your Hyatt Regency Cincinnati reservations!

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Master Zarak, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Master Zarak

Master Zarak Emperor of Destruction

Ebay:
    Today I called the Hyatt event reservations line at 1-888-421-1442 to confirm my reservation for BotCon. This was the number that the BotCon organizers gave us to book our rooms (or through the website at https://resweb.passkey.com/go/DFUN). I had booked my hotel back in November and had received an automated e-mail containing a Hotel Reservation Acknowledgment number. I thought this would be sufficient. Well, imagine my surprise when I was told by the agent that there was a problem with the entire BotCon group reservations in transferring reservations made on this line or on the website to the actual local hotel's reservations system. Apparently they are two different systems, and this special event or group rate line transfer information over to the hotel's system. But because my information wasn't transferred to the Cincinnati Hyatt, I basically had no room reserved there as far as they were concerned, and if I would have shown up with just my acknowledgment number I would not have had a room! Fortunately the agent was able to rectify the problem and book me a room, as he said there were still rooms available at the BotCon rate. He also gave me an actual confirmation number (which is different than the acknowledgment number) which the hotel recognizes. This is true because when I tried to check my reservation on the Hyatt Cincinnati's website with my *acknowledgment* number, nothing was found. Now I tried with my *confirmation* number and I was able to view and change my reservation on their website! So to everyone who made reservations at the Hyatt through this central reservations line or site: please call them and/or the hotel to verify that your reservation is valid and get a *confirmation* number, so that you don't get a nasty surprise next week when you show up!

2. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Holy crap. Thanks for the heads up - going to call right now. I assume lots of us are going to have this issue.

Edit: Just got off the phone. Mine was fine. For what it's worth, I booked the room the first day they told us the hotel.

3. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is bleeping ridiculous. There is absolutely no excuse for things like this occuring, and the hotel should NOT be able to plead off providing the room in any way. It hurts my brain to think that it's not only legal for this kind of thing to occur, but that if you didn't show/cancel they'd charge you a night's rate anyway, despite not "having" a reservation.

-EDIT-Was able to call and verify my own as well. Everything is good, but I wasn't able to get back in to edit this earlier due to database errors.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  4. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I just called, my reservation is fine.

5. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

Never reserve a room online, or through the chains national/worldwide center. Call the actual hotel your staying at and make it.

6. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    That's good to know and be reminded of. Thanks for the post.

7. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    My reservation is fine too.

8. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I called the 888-421-1442 number and they said everything is good.

I called the Hyatt directly, and they told me "Sorry, your name isn't in our system and your acknowledgement number is invalid since it contains letters."

I was transferred to reservations (I'm assuming the national reservation line)and was told everything was fine, until I said "The hotel doesn't think so" and then they said "Oh, well it didn't transfer from the online reservation site, so call the hotel Monday."

Very upset and very very nervous.

9. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    We're good too.

10. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You know, if this becomes as bad as it potentially could...I see nerd-brawl occuring in the lobby Thursday afternoon as dozens of my fellow geeks swarm the front desk "300" style and light into the staff and manager. :p 

11. Master Zarak

Ebay:
    Yeah, I called the national reservations line this morning and was told my reservation was fine, but when I called back to confirm something else this afternoon they told me the same thing as you got, that it didn't transfer to the hotel and so they had to do a whole new reservation for me.

12. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just spoke with a nice gentleman named Jerome at the Hyatt Regency in Cincinnati who said that they were having issues with Passkey (the online reservation system that the Botcon site linked us too) and that the information may not have been downloaded to the Hotel system yet. So the room is booked, but with no "personal" information. He said everything is fine, but a manager will contact me Monday to verify the Passkey Acknowledgment Number.

I feel a little better, but I will be nervous until I get my room.

13. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just called the hotel itself. They had my reservation fine in their systems too.

14. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ouch, I ran into a similar problem when I cancelled my reservation earlier this week, a very nice lady told me that she had to leave a message with the manager and he would take care of it. The next day I had my cancellation notice in my inbox.

15. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    My room is all set

16. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Typed in my confirmation code on hyatt Cincinnati website and it showed my check in and out dates. I'll assume that means I'm good to go.

For those who could potentially get screwed because of this, I'm sure there are enough caring TFW peeps out there, so you won't be left out in the cold. Unfortunately I'm not one of them :) 

17. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah, I did this last week also. I had a confirmation number, which helped me sleep a little easier, though.

18. Freyabeads

Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm still having the same issue. I have a name at the Hyatt if anyone needs it, please PM me before Monday nite. (we leave at 0darkthirty Tues AM) He is also going to call me on Monday.

I have also messaged FunPub alerting them to the issue. I will update here when I get a response from them.

UPDATE:
    It seems they may have gotten the data downloaded. Our reservations now show up.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  19. Master Zarak

Ebay:
    So here's the latest. Today I get a call from a guy at the Hyatt sales office called Brian King. He has a proposition for me. He admits that the computer software used to transfer reservations from the central office to their hotel screwed up and now they are left with too few rooms for too many people. He says they found this out because all of a sudden they're getting lots of calls from people asking about their reservations. So he proposes that we move to the Millennium Hotel across the street. He offers a sweet deal of getting one night free as compensation and the other nights we're staying at a reduced rate of $119/night. We accept, because it saves us money and it's just across the street anyway. Anyone else get this call?

20. Freyabeads

Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    nope, no call at all but my reservations showed up yesterday on the site.