Coneheads

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rattrap Primal, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

So, should we risk ordering the remaining Coneheads (Thrust and Dirge) from Japan, knowing that both Thundercracker and Skywarp where flawed, or should we wait and hope that Hasbro actually releases them stateside when and if Universe returns?

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    if you wait for Hasbro, you'll never get one.

3. Hikuro

Hikuro Matrix Bearer

Ebay:
    Seeing how we have no more Universe/Classic 2.0 figures coming out after Hotshot, and that the cone heads and thundercracker were botcon...08(?) exclusives, you're better off either making your own, or throwing down the 200 dollars and ordering them. Though I have a really hard time justifying 200 on deluxe size Transformers...but then again, I paid 150 bucks for the City Commander trailer just too "Complete" my Classics collection.

Which by the way I should add, I'm dissapointed by Hasbro for the moves they've made for the classics line...specifically not doing the coneheads and thundercracker since they did "Acidstorm" which was a waste...him and Ramjet are so completely alone : /

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    you've got your info wrong. They didn't leave those alone because they did Acid Storm, they left those alone because they're BotCon exclusives. We were going to get Sunstorm, but got Acid Storm instead.

5. Starscream2008

Starscream2008 Megatron sucks!

I seriously doubt we will ever see them brought out in the US. You are better off ordering them if you want them unfortunately. It doesn't take much to fix them, my Henkei Thundercracker just needed a little superglue and good as new.

6. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Whenever I can afford it, I'm buying them.

7. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

IF Hasbro was to release them they'd "Acid Storm" them. That is repaint them as generic back ground jet #4 and 6.

8. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    I'm in Japan and I was wondering are these figures going to be in actual stores or are they just online orders only becuase I'm going to grab them if they're in a store but I'm not sure if theres an actual store for those sites.

9. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    I don't know about Tokyo, but in Osaka there's a dedicated Transformers shop that will be selling them. I bought Thundercracker and Skywarp there for 35 bucks each when they were released last summer. That's in Nipponbashi.

If you're in Tokyo, I'd check out Akihabara. Find a shop selling transformers and bring along a printout of Thrust and Dirge to show the staff. I find photos tend to get results around here. Don't waste your time in department stores or big chain stores, they won't have a clue what you want. You want to find a real enclave of nerdiness that caters to serious collectors.

As for the OP, I'd sooner have the Classics seekers collected and done with. Who knows, I may be dead and buried before Hasbro gets to it!!

What was wrong with yours? The units that I have seem to be in fine condition.

10. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Well the mold Tak/To used for TC was the loose floppy one. My TC launchers don't fit into his arms very well. The holes are too big. And his wings are floppy. Others have reported that their TC can't stand due to his hips being loose. Some Skywarps are appearantly the similar.

11. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ive bought them, i think they are worth it if you like the characters enough or want to complete the collection. For me i want the whole seeker collection. I cant afford botcon thrust and dont like the fact they didnt remold dirges wings so its henkei for me. Being fair i think the 6 of them diplayed together with look bad ass!

12. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Hoping that classics 3.0 will be SS,SW & TC as F22`s and the Coneheads get worked in somehow

13. RayH

RayH Well-Known Member

I'm 100% positive we'll see those figures in the US given the new tooling that went into them, they wouldn't invest that cash if they didn't plan on releasing them. Plus in the Q&A hasbro said they'd do it in the stuff after the movie.

I'm holding off too see who makes the best ones. I usually love henkei stuff but i was let down on the wing deco on the coneheads. I hope hasbro does better.

I'm also curious about the rest of the rainmakers, i hope they are an sdcc exclusive.

14. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I think you're wrong dude. Hasbro isn't going to touch these. They were already released in this country and they were botcon exclusives. Hasbro is not going to want to step on any toes.

15. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

I'll wait till the reviews come in for the Henkei Coneheads. If they do well, I'll order, if not, I'll wait till Hasbro eventually releases their own versions (they said they might after the movie since they worked with Takara to make the non Botcon molds)

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I'm possibly going to have a friend pick me up Henkei Thrust while he's over in Japan, as he's got a different mold then the Botcon one.