Conehead Command

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by DecepticusPrime, Nov 11, 2010.

1. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Who was the commander amongst the conehead trio? other than starscream...

2. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

The tech spec ranks suggest they all held the same rank.

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My impression is there is no "other than Starscream".

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I like to think it's Ramjet.

5. Insecticon

Insecticon I am a Transformers

Ebay:
    ^I agree that Ramjet seems to be the commander of the coneheads.

6. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

No Conehead leader was ever provided, to my knowledge. The cartoon would have Starscream as their leader since he is the Air Commander, though from what I recall Megatron gave them orders more often than Screamer. In the comics, they followed Straxus initially and then they followed whoever was in command when they got to Earth.

You can make a case for any of the three to be the leader: Dirge is useless when he's not in control of a situation; Ramjet's aggressive personality suggests that he likes bossing the others around; Thrust is all talk and no action, which makes more sense if he's got Ramjet and Dirge as his muscle to back up his talk.

So just pick whichever one makes sense to you. Personally, I pick Thrust as the leader.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    This for me too. He just seemed to have the strongest personality. Granted Dirge never really did much of anything but I'd say Thrust is too much of a pansy ass to have the respect of anyone else while in a leadership position.

8. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    My personal feeling used to be Thrust. I don't know why though...... Maybe it was that he had the most stuff on his wings or something.

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really don't see a division of sorts within the Seeker ranks. Starscream is the commander of the Seekers. The Seekers who joined the original three are simply three warriors of equal rank. The term "Coneheads" doesn't denote a division among the ranks or does it suggest that it's a subgroup within a subgroup that necessitates another air commander.

10. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Starscream was the boss of all the seekers, but when it was just the coneheads, it seemed like Ramjet was the one telling the other two what to do. Ramjet was the only one who seemed like he had half a brain. Thrust was a moron and Dirge was all "doom and gloom"

11. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Ramjet, he is the smartest.

12. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Starscream. He's the so called "Air Commander".

13. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In Target: 2006, Dirge was definitely the leader of "Cybertron's deadliest killers.". Which included the Coneheads, Insecticons, Triple Changers, and one loudmouth redshirt. Plus, he has the coolest name and colors. Good enough for me. :D 

14. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ramjet most if not all group shots in media show ramjet as central or with the other two behind him he also bossed the other two about quite a bit in the cartoon.

He was the first to get a figure i hope this can at least convince some although others may still stick with thrust or dirge without any known reason

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I always had the strange feeling that when it was just the cone heads around that Ramjet was kind of the leader of the trio. Perhaps he just seemed more like the Moe Howard of the group while Thust and Dirge were more like Larry and Curly.

16. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:

This is my belief as well seekers are seekers and Starscream commands them.

17. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Uhhh... by that you mean the dumbest, right? Dirge is actually the smartest Conehead... and the second smartest Seeker after Starscream in fact.

I'll never understand all the Ramjet love, especially when it seems to be based on a fallacious notion of coolness... much like those who like Skywarp because he has a black colour scheme and is all "ninja" and stuff, though in reality he's just the Decepticon version of that bully in grade school who thought it was the apex of wit to fart on your lunch.

Ramjet is an imbecile. Read is profile. The G1 cartoon pushed him to the forefront of the trio because they wanted a character to focus on, but at the end of the day, Ramjet is a guy whose only response to a situation is to hit things with his head.

That's not exactly a leadership quality. And forget IDW's Ramjet Spotlight. It's one of the worst interpretations of character I've seen in TF comics. Non-linear thinker? HE'S A GUY WHO HITS THINGS WITH HIS HEAD!!! Doesn't get much more linear than that.

The only thing that could possibly validate that story is if it is treated as a sort of "IDW Ramjet Origins" thing, and afterwards it's revealed that Ramjet survived being killed by Megatron, but he sustained massive brain damage, and now lives as a grotesque semi-retarded inversion of his former crafty self, and is kept around by Megs because it amuses him. :) 

So yeah... the Coneheads are all Seekers and share a rank, so there is no leader, but if one of them were to take the lead in a situation, I'd give it to Thrust... just because he's the loudest and the one who needs to prove himself the most (even if it's all false bravado). Dirge is too subtle... if challenged by one of the others, he'd probably back off. Ramjet will probably be happy so long as someone points him at a target to head-butt.

On the other hand, if it really came down to a disagreement between them, Ramjet has not only the muscle, but the total lack of fear that would make the other two back down. So maybe in terms of just being the biggest thug in the trio, Ramjet might win out.

zmog

18. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

"Other than Starscream"? Megatron.

They all share a Tech Spec Rank of 5, neither one of them leads over the other two. They're grunts.

19. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    G1 never had a real strict command structure, it barely had a command structure at the best of times. The coneheads were just soldiers with toys to replace the un-named generic seekers really.

The cartoon would indicate Ramjet, the comics pretty blatantly spelled out Dirge, but even then they were third string players really.

:lolol  On the increasingly rare occasions when IDW writes Megatron well, I could totally see him doing that. As a lesson to others who would rebel and for his own black humor.

20. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Not according to the tech specs.

Ramjet is the least smart.

Dirge ranked an 8 in intelligence
    Thrust ranked an 6 in intelligence
    Ramjet ranked an 5 in intelligence

Its cause he's WHITE.

Being white was the thing to be in the 80's.