Condoms with teeth

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Embryoyo, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

Better hope no ones does this for a joke to guys... cause, well... that would not be fun.

What do you guys think about this new idea to help stop rape?

More details about the project here
    South African doctor invents female condoms with 'teeth' to fight rape - CNN.com

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Wouldn't the rapist just notice the condom and jerk it out of her before raping her?

3. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) TFW2005 Supporter

Instagram:
    I remember seeing this years ago but cnn says its new:confused: :confused: :confused: 

4. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

Well.. I wouldn't know, but my guess when stupid people like that try to do that, they don't tend to look. I would love to see their face when they have to go to the Doctors to remove it cause by then, they're fucked and everyone's gonna know he tried to rape someone. Not sure of this will work or not, if it does that will be great, but I just don't see girls using this everyday JUST IN CASE something happens.

5. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Gagga blagh blagh

News Credits:
    Vagina dentate made real. Frightening.

6. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
  7. gil

gil Godmaster

Rape is bad and I'm glad their trying to prevent it BUT,

I'm pretty sure girls don't go out thinking, "hey, today I might get raped". Alot of women probably think they won't get raped today. This prevents women from "preparing" to get raped and using that condom.

That said, I'm thinking this will be used more by angry women using it as a weapon then women using it as intended.

Heres another movie without the condom:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teeth_(film)

8. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Stick it in her pooper.

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Isn't this a pretty old story, and even then was only the latest in a long line of "anti-rape security devices"?

Let's put aside the potential risk of injury to the user by inserting a razor condom, or the potential risk of exposure to infection through blood that the user might have from this device if it doesn't live up to the claims it makes (though this is in itself debatable, as it is possible her attacker would already be exposing her to similar risks through other means), or how if the barbs arent deep enough to break skin, the entire device might fail if her attacker is already wearing a normal condom so as not to leave evidence to incriminate himself, or how such an device could potentially lead to more violence inflicted on the victim in frustration, retaliation, or premeditation to bypass the device, etc etc.

I think the biggest flaw in this device is that it relies on the victim believing she is going to be attacked. It might protect some victims from random attacks if they live in "bad neighbourhoods" or in some situation where they are aware they are at risk of sexual assault, but this is sadly not the case for the majority of victims. Most are attacked by someone they know, in a place they would normally consider "safe", and these situations are not ones where they would be expected to have prepared themselves with this device. So it's not going to be some kind of miraculous solution to one of the oldest and most brutal crimes.

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    IN before stick it in her pooper.

i agree with the idea as it has a good chance of being used as a weapon against cheating husbands/boyfriends or even a couple going through a divorce, if the soon to be ex husband is dumb enough to fall for one last fling for old times sake ploy to get him in the sack.

and Aernaroth is spot on with the flaws in the thinking behind the device. Good on paper not so much in practice.

11. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    It is a dumb idea to PREVENT rape. For this to be effective there needs to be penatration. Therefore the rape already happened. I suppose there could be a chance that it cold be a deterent, but lets be honest, there are still killings in Texas even though they have the death penaty, deterents do not always work.

12. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    On the one hand, rape is the most depraved act humans are capable of & I should be in full support of matters to prevent it.

On the other.... Ow. Fucking OW.

13. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    QFT and Bolded for truth.

14. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
  15. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    This might be stupidity on my part, but wouldnt causing injury like this to someone unstable enough to rape another human be a bad idea.
    If a guy already decided rape was a good idea, then surely hes just as likely to severly injure the woman as some sort of messed up 'justice'.

I'd be surprised if anyone caught by this would just pull out and go on their way to have a doctor remove it and know they tried to rape a girl.

16. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

How about giving the crime an actually scary punishment? Something like a life sentence plus a manditory neuter without pain meds to start with...

:sly2: 

17. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I think you all need to see the movie "Killer Condom"

DON'T ASK ME HOW I KNOW ABOUT IT! I DON'T.... SRSLY K?

18. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

Considering that 9/10 women in most African countries will be raped or sexually assaulted in their lifetime, I don't see this as unpractical. Most women in impoverished or rural areas of Africa are actually married because they were raped and forced to wed their attacker to prevent 'shame'.

In places like the US, there's not much need for them. But in areas where there is a higher risk, such as South Africa where the product came from, I find it a practical and effective weapon.

19. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

I don't know why but the idea of a man attempting to rape only to get hurt badly by a condoms with teeth make me :lolol 

20. Elita_One

Elita_One Метал для життя

Vaginas have teeth so this is suppose to solve something?