Non-TF: Concubine of the Swarm

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Altitron, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    This is entitled after one of my favorite lines from Zeratul in Starcraft I. :)  Here we have Sarah Kerrigan, or rather, 'The Queen of Blades', maliciously toying with a Terran Marine like a cat toys with a mouse.

For the past month or so, I've really been pushing myself to make the final all-digital leap and leave the paper and pencil behind. Since I'm still rather new to this practice, I scrawled a two to five minute sketch together as an anchor point. As I began the coloring process, I realized the original composition was very forced, and I ended up abandoning most of it. The original sketch of the Marine is still there (for the time being, anyway), but the rest of this piece is all digital.

Here's the initial sketch:
    [​IMG]

Initial color tests with Kerrigan:
    [​IMG]

And here is the revised composition:
    [​IMG]

And my current progress at 100% resolution:
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you think.

PEACE OUT

- Alty

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm not sure if you noticed, but her left eye is just a bit above her right eye.

Aside from that, I think it's your usual - great :thumb  I really enjoy seeing your wip images, as a lot of the fun for me with your work is interacting with how you layer colors to build depth.

I find it very interesting to hear your experience about trying to transition to digitally illustrating your work.

3. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    I'm on it. :)  Thanks for the heads up, and the kind words, Allen.

- Alty