concerning ultra magnus

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by ssjautobot, May 1, 2008.

1. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    im a little confused about the relationship that ultra magnus has with the elite guard and the rest of the autobots. is ultra magnus the supreme commander of all the autobots, and the elite guard is basically just his top troops? am i right here?

2. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Well yeah.

Magnus is the supreme commander and the Elite Guard are directly under him.

Seeing that most Autobots are not likely combat oriented the Elite Guard are warriors.

3. farfie-kins

farfie-kins Active Member

I don't know. I think in the return of the headmaster, UM said at the end that he wanted to confer with the cybertron supreme command. Are they and the elite guard the same thing? When I heard him say that, it made me think that he's not only of higher rank than the elite guard, but part of a group that's even more elite.

And another question, hopefully it hasn't been answered already.

If UM is the supreme commander, wouldn't it make more sense if he stayed back on cybertron rather than make the trip to earth? Sorry ^^: I'm not too familiar with continuity.

Thanks!

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I remember what he said. It was just "...confer with Cybertron Command", which imo means the bots he left in charge while he went on his little trip. Concidering that the trip would involve the Allspark, I think that he, the supreme leader of the Autobots, would go personally to make sure that everything was handled correctly. As for the Elite Guard, I see them as the specific troops that work directly under Ultra Magnus.

5. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

From what we know there are ranks in the Autobots.

Prime is a rank like captain. Being a Prime doesn't mean one has to be in the Elite Guard. Also being a Elite Guard does not mean one has to be a Prime.

Supreme command I guess is like any other military with a top brass.

The Elite Guard are more like special forces.

Autobot Academy which produced both Sentinel and Optimus is likely officer school.

Though most of the grunts like Bumblebee and Bulkhead go through boot camp.

As for cyber ninja trainning like Prowl and Jazz I don't know how that works.

6. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I think Ultra Magnus is the General of the war. Just like our generals, there are politicians to answer to back home. The Elite Guard is Magnus' unit that he directly commands.

There's probably a congress back on Cybertron that makes governmental decisions while Magnus fights the war.

7. BingoBrown

BingoBrown Well-Known Member

Congress?!?! This ain't no Star Wars. There is no Senator Wheelie back on Cybertron!

8. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Well Optimus is the supreme commander is most continuities,
    and how often do you see him hide behind his rank?
    It's like when kings would fight with their men.

9. Particle_Beam

Particle_Beam Well-Known Member

Well, there might be an Alpha Trion to report to as Autobot Overlord or something like that. I mean, the bearded geezer did have a big role in the G1-continuity, didn't he?

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So did Prime, and now he's some academic failure.

Sometimes stuff changes!

11. farfie-kins

farfie-kins Active Member

;)  Gotcha. It does make sense that Ultra Magnus went with them, seeing as how currently, there is no major conflict that would warrant him stationed back home.

But regarding Megatron's plan, hopefully the autobots and UM will recognize that there's something uncanny about the sudden surge in decepticon activity. Obviously, we now know that UM and SP have information that the other autobots back home do not, (allspark's been shattered, decepticons on the rise).

When they arrive back on Cybertron, I wonder what they will do with that newfound information. I don't think they'll elaborate on this in the cartoon, but if they do, that would be awesome.

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So do we know why Prime messed up? I mean was it the Elita incident or something much greater?