Concerning G1 Soundwave Reissues availability

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jonstantenople, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Jonstantenople

Jonstantenople underduck

So I'm finally able to start adding to my collection and the one toy I'm REALLY wanting right now is the G1 Soundwave Reissue. I made a trip to the closest TRU around (about 50 miles away) to find that they had the toy listed on the shelves, but the whole TF section was pretty much wiped clean. (Which was a shame. I was really hoping to take advantage of the free Real Gear Robot deal they have going.)

I asked an employee if they'd be getting any more in but all they could say was they would be restocking today. So I went back today but no luck. So my question is:

Would it be foolish to keep checking back with TRU to see if they'll get it in? Should I just hit ebay or amazon or something?

2. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    From my dealings I think it is pointless to keep going to the store.....well mine anyway. I would look here in the junkion exchange there are a few people that have them.

3. Chiben

Chiben Never Gonna Run Around...

You could always call them before making a 50 mile trip. Just tell them you're looking for an item and you can give them the item number (744209). If they say they don't have any in stock ask if there's any in the coming manifests (which show their truck shipments). That should help save on some gas if you don't feel like going to ebay.

4. Jonstantenople

Jonstantenople underduck

Thanks for the info guys. Luckily I had a few other reasons to make the trip so it wasn't all for the Toys R Us stop. But yeah, I'll definitely call in and see what they have to say, and check the junkion exchange part of the boards.

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, TakaraTomy is going to reissue Soundwave (original mold) around September (not sure of the month).

6. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Yeah I would check some of the site's sponsers. The Encore reissue will be out soon and may be priced a little more reasonably then the hard to find TRu version, which I only ever saw in the store once.

7. Jonstantenople

Jonstantenople underduck

Yeah, I've been asking some friends and apparently this guy is pretty scarce. September though, eh? I'll hunt down some info then!

8. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Yeah just get the Encore at this point man.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yeah,But The TRU Resiuue comes with Both Laserbeak and Ravage and Cheaper than buying the encore version that only has Lazerbeak.

G1 Soundwave is soo Awesome,I wish Hasbro will do more,i had i had to get Reissue Inferno but i missed him out.:(  I was young at the time,that's why.Reissue's FTW,Now i want to buy Encore Megatron.:p 

10. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    Forget the store, just look for him online (encore or reissue). The TRU in Times Square had like 30 of them on their shelves last week and this week they were all gone. Same for Leader Prime.

Soundwave is a cool looking toy but for some reason he feels really breakable and hallow. Could be that big hole in his chest. Anyway, good luck finding him.

Oh and dont pay more than $40 for him.

11. vnutz

vnutz Banned

Ebay:
    i'll sell u one

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    In Canada Soundwave is $40.00.

13. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But will encore be in stores?
    I wish I was in the fandom when they did all those TRU reissues.

14. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

Sadly =(

But ya, go for encore, the box is G1 themed as well! (but the first guy on my hit list is prime since I'm really tired of trying to hunt down junked trailers)