Concerned about RID availabilty. Should I buy online?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mewtwo, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Hey there guys. I've gotten some really good responses and feedback before on here and thought I'd see if I do again. :) 

I am concerned about the availability of the RID line here. Lets just say that where I live hasn't always been the best place to get figures. We were fine with the Movie lines, but some other things were a lot harder to come across. And sometimes it just seems like we get little shipments or none at all.

So my question is. I am wondering if I should just get some of the figures I want from the RID line online? Or should I not worry and wait and see if the RID line still continues to come out here?

My concerns are based on three things.

1) On a previous visit to Toys R Us one of the guys was saying how they probably aren't getting much more RID figures and the line isn't likely to last. (or at least here).

2) Going back yesterday I found out all TF's where discounted and even the RID figures were too. This concerns me they are clearing stock and wont get more?

3) Like I said. There has been issues with getting figures before. I had to get the rest of the Basic Human Alliances online for example cause they simply where not at ANY stores here. They just kept having the first two waves.

So what should I do? I really would like to get them on my own in my local stores. I just like going to the store and finding them and picking the one I want... I can't do that online. But at the same time I don't want to miss out or have to "Hound/Hunt" around for them later cause I missed out.

Suggestions?

(Or am I just being a panicking idiot?)

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

PRID is the new mainline. It's just trickling out. Give it time.

3. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    I am always in the "wait it out" camp, but to me these are toys and I can live without them. I also have a good area to hunt, and I'm pretty lucky finding stuff.

I wouldn't panic yet, but keep an eye out locally and if you see a lot of buzz on these boards about stuff getting rare might want to jump on them.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    No kidding.

Is wave 2 even actually out yet?

5. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    My advice:

Try looking at Target, K-Mart, and Walmart for the figures.

This line has just basically started, so for any store to start discounting the RID line (unless it was a sale) seems a bit weird.

Online usually has higher prices, unless you are ordering from the above listed stores sites.

6. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Wave two has like, barely came out at Targets.

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

My area hasn't been all that good for figures either. I was thinking of going the online route to get what I want. Also, there are all those cool Asia exclusives coming out that I want.

8. Mewtwo

No Target here (Yet), No K-Mart. And Walmart has nothing for RID (Yet) and all their other TF stuff is barely there and dying out.

Zellers has them in a limited way but they are WAY overpricing... so right now Toys R US is my only choice.

I don't have a problem waiting. My concern is they will just stop ordering new stuff if it isn't (or appears) not to be selling here...

(Damnit.. maybe if it wasn't 3 bee's to every 1 everything else this wouldn't be a problem... :banghead:  )

9. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Yep.

Its out at Target, like what was said before, TRU online has already stocked and shipped, BBTS is starting to fill orders. I'm pretty sure someone in my area saw these at TRU in-store too.

Only store that doesn't have a confirmed sighting is Wal-Mart I think, but they are always behind anyways.

With the case layout having the same figures as Wave 1 except for Arcee and Ratchet, its tough to really even tell if a store stocked the new wave at all if those two are missing, so right now its hard to tell which store stocked what and when. But they are definitely out there.

Hasbro has lately started shipping Wave 1 and Wave 2 for any line they have either simultaneously or in really close proximity, so this isn't anything new.

10. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

The Walmarts near me are just starting to put the RiD stuff out,so I wouldn't panic.

11. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

The're not on sale because they're clearing out the transformers, they're on sale because thats what they chose to put on sale this week. I wouldn't worry too hard about it. Sounds like you're up here in Canada and they've only just started to show up here at all... Be patient and give t some time.

If it really is that big a concern for you though, and you have teh extra money to spare - tehn ordering online is a perfectly servicable route to go.

12. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    If you mentioned where you are actually from I'm sure you would have gotten perfect advice.

OK reading the thread this guy is obviously from Canada. A Canada in which TRU recently got in the first wave of deluxe RID figures and where Walmart JUST(as in a couple of days) started seeing wave one and voyagers trickling in to the larger stores.

All I have to say is if you are sweating it this hard on a new mainline that will be around for years and will get a major push from Hasbro AND you are in Canada....order on line, I don't think you have the patience needed to be an actual hunter.

We are literally two weeks into seeing Prime RID in stores.

13. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

Some stores are just taking their time putting them out to try and get rid of as much dotm as they can. My local walmart has only had them out for a couple days, while kmart has had them a few weeks.

14. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

tru is just trying to clean out the dotm and earlier stuffs, i've seen the b2g1f on all deluxes there, i guess the primerid figs are included as incentive so people would buy some dotm, since only the bees are left for the prime line anyway, they're not worrying about people buying cliff and wheeljack and getting soundwave for free.

15. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    If you can't wait, order online and pre-order. Sometimes the extra cost is justified by the gas and aggravation you save from not having to go store to store to store trying to pick up what others (scalpers, some might say) have left behind.

16. Mewtwo

That is just it. I DO Have patients. I can wait. I have no problem waiting.

I don't need to get it right away, this minute because I can't wait. I am only concerned because I have been screwed over because of my location. I have been screwed over because of the language bullshit (I live in Quebec). I have been screwed over because of lack of sales in stores or their lack of getting stock.

I am also MORE panicky because of some idiot salesperson at Toys R US saying he was pretty sure it wouldn't be around much longer. When I confirmed he meant the RID line and not the FE or RotF line he said all of them. What the hell does that even mean? :confused: 

I can wait. I have no problem with waiting. I just want to make sure I CAN wait and not get screwed over having to hunt them down online because stores around here don't get them.

17. Mewtwo

Ok Thanks for the info on the sale. I wouldn't even be worrying about this if that idiot sales person hadn't said that to me even after I was confirming he was talking about the RID line. :banghead:  That is what freaked me out more because now I saw the sale and it just seemed like they were trying to get rid of everything...

I did pick up a Voyager Shockwave though. Which I'm glad I did. :D 

I wonder if I should have gotten anyone else now... They had Firesomething Prime, Megatron, Sential jerk, and uh... the helicopter guy.. oh they also had Cannon Ironhide...

18. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

With gas as expensive as it is, I wait to buy them online. I'd rather pay $5 for shipping than have to drive around trying to find figures and wasting my gas.

19. Mewtwo

I understand. But going to the store and seeing them and picking them up to me is something I can't get or feel just ordering them online.

20. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Online sure beats going to the store and not seeing them and having nothing to pick up though.

Like I say in all these threads, nobody knows your area, location and how often you can check your stores better than yourself. If you feel like it will be a huge hassle finding these figures in-store, then order them online. If you've never had problems finding TFs before, wait for them to show up in-store.

There's an upside and a downside to each choice and it's all based on personal preference every time. Nobody can make the decision for you.

And seriously, listening to a TRU employee about ANY figure line is like listening to a GameStop employee talk to you about insider video game news. Point being, that guy at TRU doesn't know shit like 99% of most TRU employees; I guarantee you know more about Transformers than he does. Nobody gets hired at TRU for their insider action figure knowledge and he's no expert just because he reports to Geoffrey.