Concern about BT-22

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SydneyY, Jun 22, 2008.

1. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hi there,

I have BT-22 Convoy preordered and am very looking forward to it (yes, I like that mould a lot), but I have recently noticed my BT-17 (Black Convoy)'s leg joints are getting weak. The legs definitely have trouble holding the weight of the body. My Nemesis Prime is just fine.

I don't have other BT figures, so I don't know if it's a common problem, but the mould looks bulkier than other BT/ALT moulds, and I wonder if it's more prominent in this mould?

Also, putting him back to the vehicle mode is almost impossible :( 

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  2. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    akll my BT was in robot mode for over 1 year they are now MIB. They are just as stiff as when I transformed them the first and only time. I dont own a BT without die cast and the BT 17 is way pricy for a BT. So I cant say anything about that mold.

3. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got rid of most of my BTs for that reason. They are too heavy in bot mode. The alternators are much more stable when posing. I like the BT box better though. I was able to purchase a complete set of BT, BTA & KP boxes off another board member so I now have all my alts MIB in the BT boxes.

4. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Thank you for the input :) 

I'm still getting BT-22, but I hate to think he's gonna be weak-kneed after a few plays. Those leg jonts are too thin for that heavy upper body :( 

Should have picked up ALT Prime....

5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Yeah, I have 2 loose bts, blue prowl and red meister. Meisters legs are VERY loose. Prowls are ok but still loose. All my other BTs are misb however my entire alternator collection is loose and they are still tight. Only one that isn't, ironically, is my ALt Prime. He was a loose goose out of the box. The same joints that are loose on your BT-17. My Alt Nemesis Prime however is fine.

6. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BTs for the win! just don't transform em too many times

7. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Wow, so it could be common in the mould itself regardless of diecast? What a shame, I really like that big chunky bot mode.

When I first got BT-17 the hefty feel of diecast really pleased me, but now I'm glad I didn't start buying more BTs.

8. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

My Alt Nemesis and Optimus Prime haven't had any problems (besides doors popping off) as a matter of fact I just transformed Nemesis the other day and his joints are still nice and tight.

9. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    4 out of 6 of my BT's had loose legs, knees, or ankles out of the boxes, but all were fixable. My BT-17 was pretty solid, more solid than my Alt Prime, actually, whose hips and ankles were pretty loose.

All of the leg joints on the Alt Prime mold are unscrewable though, so it shouldn't be too difficult to strengthen the knees if they're loose.

10. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

The figure is not meant to be played with.

I'd hate to say this about any Transformer, but Binaltechs seem to really indicate this.

11. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I hear that :( 

12. SydneyY

News Credits:
    My Nemesis just fine, too, even though he goes through so much more than BT-17. He actually get played with by my sons, and he still looks as good as he was on the day 1. But it sounds like some Primes have issues?

Yeah I might do that. I always worry if I tighten it too much and eventually damage the figure, though.

I really haven't played with my BT-17 :(  He's not even standing normally, the lazy bugger is lying down on a bed of bubblewrap in a drawer most of the time. His legs got loose simply by taking different poses for a few minutes in several occasions.

After seriously trying further, now I declare he is impossible :( 

And I love multi-quoting.

13. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    It's not impossible (I'm guessing you mean the arms/shoulders? That got me the first couple times... It's not that bad once you figure it out). You just gotta know how to force things into place correctly.

I kinda regret selling my Prime... I wouldn't mind replacing it with a Nemesis Prime.

14. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Oh, I can do ALT Nemesis, not perfect, but he looks OK enough in a vehicle mode. I have problem with BT B Convoy. But considering what you have said, I guess I'm simply too scared of forcing the parts. The front of the vehicle is a mess :(