[Concept]Next generation Optimus Prime vehicle mode?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lone Cat, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Lone Cat

Lone Cat Well-Known Member

This thread is dedicated to the Icon of TF Brand, and what should be his vehicle mode for the next continuity...
    ok... we've seen TF: Primes version of him and does not impressed with (because it looks nothing different to Michael Bay movies!) and i don't understand Hasbro's policy, does the contracts with GM lasts for 10 years? TF: Primes is set to "advertise" GM vehicles once more!
    yet (i think) GM doesn't produce class 8 trailer (anything bigger than Isuzu commercial trucks) so Bay have to use PACCAR trailer for Optimus instead, maybe Bay wants this to be a pun to Optimus's G1 japanese name... Convoy :p 

back to topic... Which vehicles do you want to be vehicle mode for Optimus Prime/Convoy?
    For me. I'd pefer him to be...
    LVS HEMTT

This is contradict to TF traditions, Usually, Optimus Prime/Convoy is "civil-service" vehicle (usually BIG RIG, or Fire Truck, but not construction vehicles) and he's always painted red and blue. Convoy never was a military vehicle (save for G.i. Joe VS Transformers things, in one occasion, he, and his fellow AUTOBOTS, were cobra HISS tank) he USUALLY has double wind shields (save for few occasions, where he has SINGLE frontal windshield meow)

but looks at this vehicle, and compared to CONVOY traditions
    [​IMG]
    for me... if Michael Bay says Freightliner FL 86 COE is TOO SMALL to become Optimus Prime/convoy
    this Cab-over vehicle is surely big enough to become one.
    or too big to be Convoy?

yes... this vehicle was an alt mode for ULTRA MAGNUS in TF Animated, but the transformation concept was somewhat LATE GEE ONE.

What do you think about my selection?
    What's your candicate vehicle meow

2. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

3. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I think Fire Truck Primes are epic. Seeing as that alt mode has been used twice (on two of my favorite renditions of Prime, no less), I would really like to see an SG style throwback, where Optimus is a jet/tank thingy and Megatron is a truck.