Minor/Repaint: Concept Art Sideways

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Sculpt-bot, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Special thanks to Spurt Reynolds, and his beautiful repaint. They were the inspiration for this guy. I had received the figure as a gift, and liked him well enough, but I just hadn't considered repainting him. Once I looked at some reference for him, I found the concept art (attached) and really liked the look of that. I wanted to get the monochromatic look of the art, but wanted to stick with the gunmetal color of the toy, rather than the almost chrome look of the concept. I went with a lot of very subtle shades of the base color to keep him interesting, and there are very small areas of red accents throughout. I added a little more black to the vehicle mode, but didn't go to the black hood and top since that did not appear to be present in the concept art. I also detailed the "engine" that is molded into the back window. That was a little tricky, as you have to work in reverse due to the way it is molded.
    Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Cool repaint ! I agree about the gunmetal > silver in this case.

3. StuntPrime35

StuntPrime35 Dreads for life

News Credits:
    I'm in the process of repainting him myself and do have to admit that it is a little bit chromy. I am using the video game colouring for mine. I know you are a huge guy on Radicons and would like to hear your thoughts on putting red LED's inside below the headlights (which I am modding smaller to look more like the R8). This would give the awesome red effect in robot mode

4. Spurt Reynolds

Spurt Reynolds Puppet Show Justice!!

Great paint job i love what you did with the engine that had to be tough.
    Its also refreshing to see him painted to resemble the concept art rather than the Movie.

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very nice! I did the same thing with mine. I didn't want to do anything to the car mode and just painted the robot parts.