concept art help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrfang2, Jul 14, 2012.

1. mrfang2

mrfang2 leader of team rejects

News Credits:
    hey guys, im working on a pitch for a tv show right now. have been for a few years now. its hard to abandon the project for me. but ive reached a point were i just cant continue anymore. i need help creating character concepts. im an artist myself, and have been working on these characters for a long time now, but i cant finish them. i have a ton of different styles that i draw them in, outfits, armour, ect. and i just cant make myself believe that they are good enough. so im asking you guys, some of the most creative people ive known for a long time, for some help creating concept art. im deliberately not giving away info on the idea here, but its a sci-fi, sort of futuristic world, like, on the verge of becoming how we think of the future. it would also probably be a little cartoony. please help me out with this one, thanks in advance.

2. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you are pitching for a tv show? What company represents you? What company are you pitching this tv show to? HOw many tv shows have you pitched before? How many have been accepted?
    Forgive me I am just curious if this is something serious or just a teenager thinking they are going to get a tv show. If someone else is doing the concept art then they get a big share in the tv pitch should the tv be picjed up, concept art is a BIG reason why or why not a tv show is picked up.

3. mrfang2

News Credits:
    i am just a teen trying to get a show, but my ideas are solid, i have character arcs set up, im working on scripting, (so far rough) story boards, i have various styles of self made concept art, in short, im not just that dude who thinks his crap idea is worth something, ive been past that for a while. i am a teen, but woking on this has been almost all of my spare time for a few years now, and it is certainly better than most current kids hows. i mean, do you even see what they make nowadays? annoying orange time traveling, all those crap shows about wanabe pop stars, and that takes up more than 50 percent of kids tv these days. i have a chance, even if a slim one.

if some one is willing to hear my concepts out, and will get on board with the project, and it ends up being used when the pitch its finally ready (likely another year or two so i can fine tune the characters better) then yeah, i would be willing to share the profit. besides, how can you know if you have a solid idea if you dont get opinions by people other than close friends and family members, god knows they just say its good even if it isnt.

what im trying to say here is yes, im a kid, but im not just a kid, i have refined ideas and ambition.

now that ive said that though, no one will take me serious, so im [robably better off just doing this solo.

4. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    As someone working on a similar project (since 4th grade!), I'd be happy to help.

But it's midnight over here and I'll be hitting the sack soon. Talk about it tommarrow maybe?

5. mrfang2

News Credits:
    sure, its 1:30 am here, i jus cant sleep since theres a cricket outside my window that i cant get too. how do these things even get on 2nd story windows!

6. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    As a lazy on-again-off-again artist, I am quite interested and would be glad to help. If you are having trouble refining a few unfinished concepts I'd like to take a look at a few to see what I can do. I can't promise spectacular results and I can't do it on a Tablet, so if you want me to refine anything, I'll have to do so on traditional pen and paper.

7. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not meaning to be offensive it's just you gotta know someone or be represented or someting just to get your foot in the door or even be heard to have your idea pitched

8. mrfang2

News Credits:

sorry, i just get kinda defensive about that. people in my school always tell me i will fail since im "to young" to have a good idea in the business.

i dont suppose you know a guy or are one?

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I remember all your previous threads on this pitch.

What's in it for us, other than the promise of benefits down the road?

10. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am close with two actors but he doesn't have much clout in terms of pitching tv shows and a popular actress is a former student of mine that I occasionally talk to but she wouldn't do it either.
    I have some ties in Disney but really they would be doing me a favor if I asked.

11. mrfang2

News Credits:
    ok, figured it was worth a shot.

12. mrfang2

News Credits:
    honestly, aernaroth, ive got nothing. at this point it would just be becoming part of the team, and if you have a problem, then dont join.

if i had a job and could afford to pay you guys, i would. but im still just 14, and that means no job. helping me out with this would just be that at this point, helping.

also, im impressed you remember, those were over a year ago since i saw those 2 posts ive made.

13. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

Maybe look into doing volunteer work at a TV or radio station, or something along those lines to start getting your foot in the door with regards to building and expanding your experience in media.

:thumbs2: 

14. mrfang2

News Credits:
    i would love too if i lived some ware near any of those. im in the rural area of meklinburg county NC. all that stuffs down in the city of Charlotte. but yes, i have looked into it. and thanks for the suggestion.

15. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you're serious about this, just go to ConceptArt.org Version 3.0. Plenty of stuff to inspire you and learn from.

And be warned- no matter how good of an artist you are, there will always be something online that looks better then anything you've done. Don't let it get you down- everyone has different lives and different backgrounds.

16. mrfang2

News Credits:
    ok, wow! those are incredible! and yeah, i know there's always a better guy, i ry to learn from them instead of getting down.

hey guys, thanks for the support, ut i think th thread ha served its propose and ive got a couple people helping me on this project now, so can a mod please shut'er down

17. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    and in that year what have you done with this project? And as you said where you live there isn't much, you need to be as in live in either LA or NY for this stuff.

18. mrfang2

News Credits:
    in the way of actualy pitching the show, i have not done much, ive attempted to contact a few people about it, but that's about it. mostly what ive done with it has been working on the project itself. im not just going to openly post it, but its come quite a long way since the vague, and honestly terrible, idea that it was in the last time i made a thread on this.