2D Artwork: Concept art for Transformers Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by phoenixliger, Apr 21, 2011.

1. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    Since Watching Transformers Prime ive had alot of inspiration. Even when im not trying to draw TP designs My pictures still seem to revolve around Primes art style. So Ive decided to start a thread of nothing but my TP art. Comment and Critiques are always welcome.

Attached Files:

2. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    First off my color test of Thundercracker

Bio: Loyal to the Decepticon cause but not to Megatron. Thundercracker lives By the code of the Seeker. His Strong will and silent Demeanor make him a bot thats hard to judge. One of the largest seekers and deadliest wariors. Thundercracker would be a solitary figure if not for his loud mouth partner Skywarp

3. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    I know this ones old but heres the color test for Sideswipe. I plan on making his arm a little longer.

Attached Files:

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Nice artwork. Though personally, I'm getting more of a Gundam vibe than I am a TFP vibe. Any plans to draw their alt-modes?

5. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    Thanks Ravenxl7 Yeah I can under stand your thoughts about them looking similar Gundam I was getting a bit frustrated with TC i did like six different drawing of just him. I had the idea in my head but couldnt get it down on paper so i mixed a bit of my favorite gundam (Zeta) to flesh him out. Sideswipes legs are a bit to rounded for my tastes and need have a more car asthetic to them i think. Alt mode are done for tc i just got to dig them out to post them

any way heres my Shockwave concept and color test
    (there will be many big changes for him though) I like the way hes going with the upper body. Im going to make the legs similiar But with more detail open them up a bit

Attached Files:

6. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Well-Known Member

I love your art style and seeing more and more of it (and improvements as well) is always very nice.

7. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    Thanks TedimusPrime i realy appreciate that. my style is constantly changing and i try to improve on every type that I work in but i cant seem to master only one type but its good to be versatile

Update: I Started this Galvatron as a toy design but as i was working on him i started seeing the making of a TFP Galvatron This is just concept work and the finished product will be more detrailed and have sharper points and less rounded edges. (if i ever finish it)

Shockwave was done as a practice peice from the original design. I couldnt focus on how i wanted to draw him but now that i look back at this i want to see him stairring at you body turned slightly fist held at chest hight and very menacing looking hope fuly the next picture will look even better

Attached Files:

8. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Well-Known Member

Likey shockwave, especially his shoulders.

9. transgeek2345

transgeek2345 Well-Known Member

Nice!!!!!!!
    I'm relly diggin the prime galvatron.....he has the perfect aspects of a prime character/toy

10. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    I think Shockwave could do with a little bit more DOTM Shockwave injected into him, since that's going to be the most recognizable incarnation of Shockwave to the children who watch TF Prime.