CON fighting/dialogue, if budget isn't too tight.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    A lot of people like myself would have loved to see say, Bonecrusher or Soundwave fight back just a bit longer, or actually fight in other cases.

The only obstacle in producing something like this is money. Now I wonder if creating transformers action scenes will be less expensive and in the process, longer fight/action sequences in the future.

A second wish I'd like to see in TF sequels is Decepticon dialogues, a lot more of them. And again, if it's a bit more inexpensive, than I hope it will be considered.

2. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Well, slowly but surely the robot characters are getting more screentime and more dialogue as the movies progress. That's a good sign.

The problem with extended fight scenes is, as you pointed out, the budget. That and then people would be complaining even more that "the movies are all action", "too many fight scenes" and whatnot.

The problem with dialogue isn't so much budget, as it is "we need some cool 'Cons to show up, wreck some s**t and then die". Why bother giving them lines? I used to always think about dubbing in these awesome G1-esque lines to the 'Cons in the first movie...and then I realized how f**king stupid it would sound for Brawl to be shouting "Pathetic fools! There's no escape!" as he fired/got fired upon in the final battle. Unless you're Megatron, The Fallen, Starscream, Soundwave (and Shockwave and Barricade to a lesser extent), you didn't stand a chance of getting more dialogue/screentime. And honestly, I'm totally cool with that. If you have a small core cast of 'Cons that speak/don't always act like monsters, then the audience can focus on them as the face of the Decepticon menace, while those others (Dreads, protoforms, etc.) can just be the "army"/"fodder".

And then one must also take into account that they way these movies are written, the more characters you have, the less screentime there is to go around (which doesn't have to be the case. A well written script can have an ensemble cast and they have plenty of time for each character). As I said above, I'd rather have 3-4 'Cons get lots of dialogue and the rest growl in Cybertronian than to try and evenly distribute the lines amongst 5-10 characters.

But I'm all for these things! Longer fight scenes, 'Cons doing more damage, more dialogue! :thumbs2: 

3. rodriguez256

rodriguez256 Well-Known Member

Would like to see a fight between a deception and an autobot where the deception beats and kills the autobot. In DOTM, Ironhide was killed by a cheap shot and betrayal, Q was killed while captured and not fighting. Give the autobots plenty of characters with personality and let be killed in battle. The loss will feel greater and would show the deceptions has a harder force to fight against.

4. rodriguez256

The Mexican stand off scene was way to quick, and Sideswipe could have had alot more cool fighting moves in that scene.

5. rodriguez256

There were what like four autobots, Bumble bee, Dino, Sideswipe and Sentinel running from three decepticons that were able to be killed rather easy. Makes wonder why they didn't just stop on the freeway and take them out. Sentinel alone could have killed all three decepticons.