Con and Bot Respect

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Even as mortal enemies do you think this two factions respect each other on and off the battle field? And I am not talking about Megatron and Prime but it would be nice to know if Prime and Megs respect each other, and how the rest of the Decepticons and Aurobots?

Thanks

2. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

I think the closest thing to respect they have for one another is

decepticon 1 "dude I almost got desecrated by that one autobot"
    decepticon 2 "yeah he was quite the sharp shooter"

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I imagine everybody, Bot and Con alike, both fears and respects Shockwave.

4. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Like I am sure alot of the Decepticon army respect Jazz Ironhideand Prowl

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Wheeljack I think has gained some Con respect on the basis of his (successful) gadgets

6. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Respect between the Autobots and Decepticons has been shown time and time again through a personal level of certain characters. It's important not to see "admiration" as "respect" ... Orion Pax (Sunbow continuity) admired Megatron for his ability to fly. The Aerialbots (Sunbow continuity) admired the Decepticons carefree lifestyle.

Sometimes respect can be represented as fear. How many times did the Decepticons retreat when Optimus Prime arrived (Sunbow continuity)? While they feared him, it was because they respected his ability as a leader and as a warrior. They never once "fought till the end" ... until Megatron did so during the animated movie in 1986.

I don't think you'll see much respect coming from the Autobots to the Decepticons though. The style that they each represent - the Autobots being good, the Decepticons being evil - would cause a character to walk the line between good and evil, almost a "Chaotic Good" if you will. The Decepticons can easily respect the Autobots (the Decepticons are portrayed often as brigands, rebels, unlawful and disrespectful to each other) ... but I just can't see an Autobot going "Wow, that Shockwave, for being as malicious, evil, coniving, backstabbing, powerful, and destructive as he is ... he sure can sing!"

Perhaps in the IDW universe you can see that, as they often try to focus so much on characterization that they often fail to recognize the one aspect of the story that CREATES the characterization in the first place ... the war between good (Autobots) and evil (Decepticons).

7. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  8. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Maybe he just forgot about making that thread? I'm usually pretty good with remembering & keeping track of my content, but there've been times where I've started a thread, only to find out that I'd made pretty much the same thing months or even years ago.

Don't think I've done that yet on this forum (although this'd be funnier if I had one to link), but it's happened on others.

9. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Depends on continuity. G1Cartoon Shockwave was a JOKE. Granted no one in G1 could shoot accurately, but he fired into an elevator full of Autobots. That's fish in a barrel. Still missed.

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, one side sees much of the other as a pack of maurading, untrustworthy homicidal maniacs, and that side sees the other as sheep ready for slaughter for the glory of conquest and personal enrichment, so there really isn't a whole lot of room for respect, I would think.

11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    G1 cartoon Shockwave is non-existent to me.

12. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    :inquisiti 

13. mrdecepticon

mrdecepticon Decepticon Leader

it does depend on the continuity i mean both sides hate one another as both sided are opposite contrasts you have the Autobots who are all for universal peace and equality
    while the Decepticons see the Autobots and anything else that stands in the way of their goals of universal conquest and what not as something that must be obliterated or conquered.I mean the Decepticons want to conquer because they believe their race are the strongest and most advanced while the Autobots want peace and perhaps want to share their technology and what not with other races peacefully and want to live among other races in the universe unlike the Cons who want domination and total power.So in some ways both sides have similar goals they just want to go about them differently.

As for respect both are aware of the others motives and some Cons would rather choose to be an Autobot while some Autobots could want what the Decepticons do.So i like to think both sides aren't just straight good or evil there both fighting for what they want to see in the universe.I think both sides do respect and hate one another.Hope i haven't gone off topic just bringing some other ideas on here.

14. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

What comes to mind for me is the first episode after 5 faces of darkness in season 3 of the G1 toon (the name of the episode escapes me at the moment). Cyclonus has obvious respect for Ultra Magnus in that episode.
    If I recall correctly he might have said something favourable in one or two of the other episodes as well.
    He probably has nothing but contempt for that douche Rodimus Prime though :thumb