Computron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ExtremeGz, May 20, 2008.

1. ExtremeGz

ExtremeGz Autobot/Decepticon Spy

Ebay:
    hello again. just asking a (quick) question on how to tell the difference btw a knockoff computron and a real one? I see alot of them on ebay going to anywhere btw $100-160....are they all real?

thanks, extremegz

2. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    The ones that are in that range are probably real.

With Computron, the only ones I've seen as knock-offs are Lightspeed and Afterburner in a "Menasor" pack (with KO Motormaster and 2 other Stunticons). Now someone should correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know none of the other Technobots were ever KO'd.

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i know that nosecones been knocked off before.

actually, i've seen a few, knock off, complete sets on ebay of computron, it's tough, to figure out what is real and not real any more.

4. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Other than the few Technobots that have been cheaply bootlegged, I believe there's a Taiwan version from around the 90's. They're actually kinda hard to find and I think still go for good money.

Other than that, there aren't known bootlegs of Computron. Those eBay ones are all legit.

5. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
  6. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

all 5 of them were bootlegged many times over. in the late 80s you could get either the above mentioned box set or could get each of them individually bboxed (i have the nosecone bootlegged boxed) the scattershot is very close to the real one except he seems to be universally put together backwards (hands/legs) although he can be taken apart and fixed pretty easily, his red parts are slightly lighter as well.

7. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just recently sold a computron to a friend. Scattorshot was G1 but all the limbs were knockoffs. It looked fantastic. The plastic is a lot brighter and hand weapons weren't included with the limbs. I dunno if that helps or not.