Computron Inquiry

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by FortressMaximus1976, Mar 14, 2012.

1. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  2. KillBot

KillBot Well-Known Member

Isn't that a rubsign on his waist? Maybe he means no indent?

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Looks legit but should DEFINITELY have rub signs. Isn't that one I see above his 'crotch' in the 1st and 2nd pics?

4. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Rub sign on waist. And that price is rather too high, more around 100-130 is a decent deal.

5. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, I agree with all of you...its a little confusing...WAYYY to expensive, though I notice on Ebay lately, Computron is getting stupid expensive again.

I know that by 1988, they discontinued the rub sign on many TF's, or so I read somewhere, but he made it seem like this is some uber rare version of Compy...which again, given his asking price, seemed a bit suspicious to me.

Thanks for the input!

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Yeah, I see it too. Unless the seller means the limb figures don't have rubsigns.

But anyone can remove a rubsign. I don't see how that makes it rare. Maybe if it's not got a rubsign indent then that's more worthy.

Apparently there was a no-indent version of Sacttershot, but I dunno if that means it's actually rare or just different (scroll down linked page):

Scattershot (1987) - Autobot Technobot Leader - www.tfu.info

If it was me I'd ask the seller to clarify if he means no-rubsign or no-indent and to show me a clear close photo if it's a no-indent version. The third photo in the sale kinda shows the rubsign area but I can't tell if it's in an indent or that's just the edge of the rubsign.

7. johnchow604

johnchow604 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Item looks legit and the seller's feedback looks good. Price seems decent compared to other Computron listings considering it comes with guns for each technobot and tech specs.

Maybe prices will fall when the KO Computron HQ giftset is out this summer so you might want to wait till then.

I paid close to $1000 (incl shipping) on a Takara Computron giftset a little while ago but because its so expensive, I can only stare at it. I'm waiting for the KO to have something to transform :) 

8. ultramusprime75

ultramusprime75 Well-Known Member

I was just going though my g1's yesterday,and realized I have two lightspeeds,one with a indent and rubsign,and one without either just a smooth hood,i have to Scattershots,but didn't check them might have to dig them out and check