Computer Screen Gltiches

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Witwicky Camaro, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Hey, has anybody had the contrast of their computer screen turn to an ugly shade of pea-green and then constantly flicker in and out of puke-ish color to normal contrast like static rolling across a televison screen (without the scrolling upward-motion)? Its happened to my screen, even now, and its friggin annoying.

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'd imagine the screen is probably shot, then. If you decide to shoot it to put it out of its misery, take it outdoors and use eye protection.

3. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Check the cable and connections, monitors tinting to one colour without being told to do so is usually the result of it not reciving the signals for the other two.

4. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    Yeah, what RabidYak said. My old monitor used to do that, then I bought a new cable and it stoped.

5. Brawl

Brawl Master of Destruction

I've had that happen with two monitors. Both have died though. They would flicker to a greenish tint or a purple tint and the screen itself would flicker like bad reception on a TV. Eventually they died. So it could be cables or it could be your monitor saying goodbye. Either way, you'll need to buy something relatively soon.

6. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Damn it, and I just got the thing six months ago. Thanks for the iput, it really helped. (Prays one just needs to change cable wires and replace screen).