Computer Problems

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Optimus1986, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop and lately it doesn't like coming on. I enter my password and it gets stuck in the Welcome start-up cycle and just keeps cycling. Sometimes I have to kill it 3 or 4 times before it will come on and I see my wallpaper. What should I do?

2. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Newb Customizer

Which operating system?

3. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

Just like the guy below my post asked, what Operating system is it? We wanna help but need a bit more info. It sounds like it could be a battery issue first since its a laptop.

4. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

well before you check the battery you need to check to see if it will boot into safe mode. it's not that it's dieing while starting up, it's that it's not booting into windows. if u know how to boot into safe mode try that and see if windows will pop up. if not then it's an operating system issue and needs to be reinstalled.

if you don't know how to boot into safe mode. then here's what you do, right berore you would normally see the windows loading screen(right befrore where you would normally see you password) hit F8, and select "safe mode" and hit enter.