Computer Problem - VGA connection.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DanicusTF(cdn), May 3, 2008.

1. DanicusTF(cdn)

DanicusTF(cdn) Well-Known Member

I spent the last several hours trying to google the problem but to know avail. I'm hoping there are some tech-savvy board members here!

I am trying to connect my laptop, which is running Windows Vista Home Premium, to my new 32 inch LCD TV, to use as another monitor. I am using a VGA cable connection, and it worked,at first. Now, whenver I start my computer, everything seems fine and dandy, but once I log in, the connection is severed between the laptop and the TV. However, when I hook up my bro's laptop, which has XP running, it works fine. Does anyone know if there is some sort of patch, or workaround for this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    one thing you might try is going to your display properties, and see if 'monitor 2' is active.

3. EmineX

EmineX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also, there's probably a setting on the laptop to have it display on just the laptop screen, the laptop screen AND another monitor, or just the external monitor. Usually it's function + one of the F keys.

4. DanicusTF(cdn)

its active, but there is still nothing showing up on the TV. I tried updating my driver for my videocard Nvidia GeForce GO 6150, but i have the most current driver.

5. DanicusTF(cdn)

tried that too. I am still not getting a picture. Could it be some sort of Vista glitch? I am really disliking this OS.

6. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    Vista IS a glitch...;) 

Seriously though, there is a freeware program you can download called multimon that should do the trick for you if Vista can't.

7. BetaSword

BetaSword Well-Known Member

Hmm, might it be, that you accidently switched your LCD-TV as your primary Display?
    That was a problem, as I once connected my Computer to the TV.

Also, if you're connecting your LCD-TV to your PC, a DVI-Cable should be used for maximum Resolution(my brother's didn't support Modes with the VGA-Cable, used for Monitors).