computer issues help

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Orion_Prime48, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    alright I woke up this morning to find my computer all messed up as far as my browsers go, whenever id open firefox the computer wold completely crash and for some reason every bit of flash on my Firefox is gone, I cant use Youtube without it crashing the browser or the entire computer. and for some reason none of my spell check is working cause its saying every single word I type is misspelled even if it isnt. ive gotten FF runnign but its still glitched all to hell

im using wndows 7 and my IE is fine all except for it being a terrible browser. ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox but the issues are all still there

2. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Sounds like a virus. Maybe run your AV and Malwarebytes Anti-malware, see if they find anything.

Did you update or install anything recently?

3. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    nope, and mcafee comes up with nothing when I scan

I uninstalled FF 2 more times and now its fine, I have no clue whats going on but it seems I fixed it with the 3rd reinstall

4. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    alright I know this is a bit of an old thread but this started again and has completely burnt up the computer to the point it wont boot windows anymore. ive taken it to Best Buy to get it sent off to the manufacturer for repairs but id like to know what couldve caused this

could the HDD crashing cause these problems or could it have been from something else? im told its because im using Firefox with Norton but everything I know about computers tells me thats a load of bullshit. anyone maybe shed a little light on what couldve happened?

it did get to the point where it would just lock up and crash for no reason,and I got none of the Firefox or Youtube problems I originally had. and I did a full system recovery back to factory settings the day before it went completely kaput

5. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Quite literally, over 1 million different things could have happened. Would it have been possible to determine what the actual cause was? Yes. Can I tell you? No. The reason is because you do not have the computer anymore. And unless it is hardware related, the manufacturer isn't going to troubleshoot the OS, they are going to format the drive and reinstall Windows.

Your initial problem with Firefox blowing up while viewing Youtube (or Flash related) is likely due to the Flash 11.4 version which came out around that time... which isn't compatible with Mozilla v14 browsers.

6. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeesh. That's gotta suck. My brother's computer did the same thing. Could it be the tower itself? Take it to best buy. There usually good with computers

7. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It sounds like a problem with Flash. I have it installed on my Samsung laptop and it has one of those fast start switches in the lid, so when you open or close it, it auto loads or sleeps. Flash has been killing that feature and wants to auto update everytime I reboot, which is about 1.5 weeks. It's wreaked enough havoc that I need to restore from the disc set. Threw out my phone and bluetooth drivers...