computer hunt still on...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by domientius, Dec 17, 2007.

1. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

The SOB I contacted via craigslist to buy a decent $100 computer decided he'd sell to someone else instead this weekend. Oddly, the same thing happened a month ago, as I was gonna buy a $150 computer with specs that ble wmine away only for the guy to stop replying to emails(and who offered to sell me a $350 Vista PC this past week too instead).

So no computer for me... did buy the Sonic the Hedgehog figure yesterday afetr finding out as I had the cash spared up, but... I found a local listing for a 200 gig external/internal HDD for $70, I'll see what that guy says.

Otherwise, if someone here can sell me an 80 gig HDD or better(120 would be preferred) at a reasonable price, PM me(and if you would prefer to trade for things on my sales list, that would be better). If it has Windows XP(I am opposed to Vista as much of my game library may not even run on it) already installed that would be great and would save me some hassle salvaging the old HDD. I am on something of a budget...

I've left my computer on since Wednesday a I believe the damage is in the boot sector. But that might eventually strain things. At least winter has lowered room temperature some.

2. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    well I did pm you but never heard back. I work for a computer company and we toss out stuff all the time. Good luck on the hunt

3. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

4. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

I don't believe I saw it in my inbox. PM me again.

5. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ahh, you're probably going to have issues shoving a hard drive with XP already on it into a foreign computer. It'll be best to reformat and reinstall. Why not just buy an external hard drive from a shop? Seems you're not having much luck with craigslist. Hard drivers are pretty cheap these days.

6. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Fixing the computer is far more inexpensive and easier than trying to hunt down a newer one.