Computer for HD Video Editing?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by koh4711, Jun 21, 2012.

1. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    About three months ago, I got an amazing deal on a Panasonic TM900 camcorder. It's an amazing piece of equipment, and I've been blown away by the picture when I hook it up to the TV. But therein lies the problem... thanks to my laptop being made by Charles Babbage himself, it's no good for editing HD video.

Fast forward to now, and I'm finally able to upgrade to a new desktop. I think I've settled on one, but the issue I have is that I've heard a lot of conflicting things about just what you need to edit. Some people insist you need an i7, while others say you're just fine with a Dual Core. So I'm hoping people here have some experience in this area. Here's what I'm looking into getting right now:

AMD Quad-Core A6-3620 Accelerated Processor with AMD Radeon HD 6530D graphics
    8GB PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM
    4MB L2 cache memory
    1TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 rpm)
    AMD Radeon HD 6530D graphics
    Multidisplay capable

The i7s run around $300-400 more most places from what I've seen, and I'd rather not spend that much if I don't have to. Any thoughts/comments/suggestions would be much appreciated, as I'd really like to pick this up and start editing stuff this weekend.