Comprehensive List of TF DVD offers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Omegatron, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Has anyone compiled a list of all the exclusive stuff coming with the TFTM DVD next week? If not, I'll start here. All stores are U.S., unless otherwise noted.

Target: Transforming DVD case (with 2 disc set), plus some other possible incentive. Target Transformer gift cards are returning, too. The Target edition will also come with a prequel comic. Target will offer a $5 gift card for purchasing the DVD and the Bumblebee 2-pack. Supplies are, of course, limited.

Best Buy: 2 exclusive Robot Heroes figures (Battle Damaged Prime & Cliffjumper). The special edition with figures is $29.99, compared to $22.99 for the regualr 2-disc edition. If you buy the movie and the TFTM game, you get a $10 gift card. Free Megatron lithograph if you buy the movie- minimum 30 per store. $5 off if you buy the movie and one of their exclusive deluxe figures (metallic Ratchet and metallic Megatron).

Wal-Mart: Exclusive bonus disc featuring "Transformers: Beginnings" narrated by Peter Cullen. This appeats to only be available with the one-disc edition of TFTM.

Circuit City: A $15 gift card, with which you can access free exclusive digital and mobile content. First 20 buyers get a free TF hat- black w/ silver Autobot logo.

Sears and K-Mart: Free LED Flashlight featuring the Autobot logo with DVD purchase. May not be exclusive. Also, if you buy any TF toy priced $19.99 more at k-Mart and the DVD, you get a $10 rebate.

Suncoast : Limited edition metal tins to hold the DVDs. Autobot logo with 'Protect' on one side, Decepticon logo with 'Destroy' on the other. Probably the 2 disc edition. EDIT: As Suncoast also owns FYE, Saturday Matinee, and Sam Goody, it's probable those stores will have the same case. Futureshop (Canada) will also have metal tins, but it appears these will be two separate tins- one with the Autobot logo, one with the Decepticon logo.
    Play.com (UK) will also be offering this case, as well as an exclusive comic.

Albertsons, Cub Foods, Biggs, Save-a-Lot, and other Supervalu-owned stores: Apparently will be offering a mouse pad with purchase of the DVD. No word on one disc or 2 disc, yet.

Blockbuster: The rental store will have the DVD for sale including a small USB MP3 player with some TF markings on it, according to this post. They will also have a large metal popcorn tin available for $6.99.

Moviestop: Free poster with DVD or HD-DVD purchase. Movie stop will also take a trade-in of 4 DVDs in return for a TF DVD.

Borders: Free 'Making of' booklet with purchase of the 2-disc edition.

Toys 'R' Us: $5 gift card with TF purchase of $30 or more. I assume this includes the movie.

Hostess: No, the snack giant is selling the DVD- but they are offering a $4 rebate on the movie with purchase of two family-sized packages, and having other Tf-related contests where you could win nifty stuff, like a home entertainment center.

Zellers will offer a $10 gift card that can only be used on TF merchandise with purchase of the movie.

Fred Meyers stores will have a free t-shirt with purchase. It's unknown if other Kroger-branded stores will offer this.

Japanese pre-orderers of the regular or HD version can get a Movie Optimus repaint of Spychanger Scourge.

Anything else to add?

-Tony!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  2. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Missed that the Target version is still going to come with the prequel comic.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah. That part has sealed the deal for me on getting the Target exclusive :thumb .

4. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Added. Thanks!

5. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

ok, that answers my statement in the other thread that my steel copy on reserve at "The Saturday Matinee," i didn't realize that suncoast was owned by FYE

6. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Well, I went with Suncoast before any of this came about... Hopefully the Protect/Destroy tin is for the 2-disc...

7. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    wait, the circuit city one comes with a $15 gift card? essentially making the movie cost $7?

8. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

No exactly.... it comes with a card that you can use online on a site where you can buy downloads, like music and videos.....and you can only use it on that site.... so you don't get your money back, you just get 15.00 of free downloads.

9. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Should clarify that the Albertsons mousepad applies to all that company's stores that will carry the movie. So Biggs, Cub Foods, Sav-A-Lot...

10. Robimus

Robimus Wanna'be Cassettebot

News Credits:
    Up in the Great White North Future Shop's 2 disk one is coming with somesort of metal case, mabe similar to the metal cases from the US stores. The funny part is that a couple years back Best Buy bought the Future Shop franchise and not only kept the Future Shops open but Opened Best Buys right next to them. No Lie, in Winnipeg they have both stores on the same parking lot in two locations. Future Shop is the same size and carry's all the same electronics that Best Buy does.

11. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Added the info. Thanks.

-Unthorough Tony!

12. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    MovieStop (GameStop spinoff) is offering a free movie poster with pre-order. Furthermore, with their "trade-in four DVDs get one of the current week's new releases free (up to a $19.99 value) promo" you can get the 2-disc special edition practically for free starting next Tuesday 10.16.07 (they match the lowest national advertised price).

Also, a number of MovieStop locations are doing a Monday night 10.15.07 midnight launch with prize raffles. The one I have my copy reserved at is giving away the 6-foot Movie Bumblebee and Optimus Prime standees plus some other prizes.

13. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Thanks for this list!

14. TreKain

TreKain All Will Be Well TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Do any of these apply to the HDDVD release?

15. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah its false competition. you go into future shop and the salesmen are all over you in a second. you go into bestbuy and they have non commison based sales people. if you like either or you get to have a choice, and think your sticking it to the other store(when infact they are owned by the same people)

its like proctor and gamble. who own many different types of laundry detergent ( tide, downy)

16. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    MovieStop's does. You still get a free poster, and you can take advantage of the trade 4/get 1 promo as well.

Unfortunately, MovieStop currently has less than 40 stores in the US. And they don't have a website either to find their locations. I usually tell people to look them up on yellowpages.com. They have three stores just in the Atlanta area. I consider myself very fortunate that two of them are within 40 minutes of where I live because they have the best DVD trade-in program I've ever found.

17. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Added.

-Tony!

18. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

You know i'm overwhelmed with all these exclusives.....but at the same time i'm surprised that there is no TRU Exclusive.....I mean Transformers is first and foremost a toy then anything else.........

19. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    More info and editorial comment added.

20. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any clue how much Blockbuster's version will cost? I'm just concerned that the freebies aren't really free (which looks to be the case from the prices I see above).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.