Completionism

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Soundblaster1, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    To those of you that consider yourself a completist (or those that don't consider themselves completists):

What is your definition of completionism?

This is not intended to be a debate. I'll chime in sometime later with the reason I'm asking the question in the first place, but for now... Just define completionism.

The real question (after noticing a bit of confusion, even from me)
    What constitutes collecting one of every toy from a line? One of each mold, one of everything released, those kinds of things. And if a break/name change in the line occurs (ie. Movie and Allspark Power, Armada and Unicron Battles)

2. Destroyer

Destroyer Destruction to all

As long as the toy and all the parts are there it is complete to me.If It is boxed has to have all the paper work and order forms.

In that case I would have to say one of everything

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I think you misunderstood the question. I was asking more along the lines of "What constitutes collecting one of every toy from a line?"

First post updated to reflect this.

4. Bjjer

Bjjer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel there are two definitions
    1. Purchasing every toy from the line; deluxe, voyager, leader,etc
    2. Purchasing what YOU want from every line, hence your collection is complete from your point of view.

For example my movie collection was completed when I bought Best Buy Megatron because I only purchased the Transformers that were in the movie and a Megatron was all I needed to finish. For someone else it could be something different.

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Technically, a completist for say "Armada" would buy every single different item (Toys, lunch boxes, books, etc) released with the "Armada" name. Of course there's different interpretations where someone would just buy every single different mainline "Armada" toy and still consider themselves a completist. Yes he has completed the mainline toys, but not all of the products available.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me, it means every single toy in a particular line - an impossible task for me so I "focus". For example, for the TF movie, my goal was for only "show accurate" TFs.

7. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

One of each character of a particular line, or a similar line for example, I consider myself having a complete Alternator collection, even though I have BT Prowl in place of Alternator Prowl (only because I like the colors more, I used to have 2 Alt Prowls).

It's the same mold/Character, just from the Japanese equivalent of Alternators.