Completely Un-Biased Transformers Animated Show Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Sage o' G-fruit, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Unlike Bottom Out, who is doing review of this show, I am coming into it without a mindset.

Plus, I'm doing every episode, including the mini-ones included with the DVDs.
    Let's start with Transform and Roll Out part one.

I'm only doing the Basic Synopsis once, because it takes too much time.

Basic Synopsis: Prime and crew in space. They try to fix Space Bridge. Space Bridge spits out AllSpark. Crew finds Decepticon ship. They contact the Elite Guard to get some backup. Ultra Magnus tells them to hang tight and wait like wimps (not his exact words). Optimus and crew try to make a break for it, but the Decepticons try to cripple their ship in order to get the Allspark. Megs flies to the ship and gets blown up by Starscream. Now without half of his arm, Megatron fights the Autobots and starts to win, but then Prime turns off the gravity, evening the score. Prowl cuts off the rest of Megs' arm, while Prime makes his way to the cargo hold where the AllSpark is held. Megatron attacks Prime inside the cargo hold in order to get the allspark. (while this is going on, the ship is entering the atmosphere of Earth) Prime, however, opens the door while the ship is falling and pushes Megs out. The team then goes into their respective stasis pods as the ship crashes into Lake Erie.

Now here's my scoring system. 1 being total suck and 10 being total awesomesauce

First, every time Blitzwing appears, the episode gets a point.

So there's one right there.

Second, the episode gets a point for every Decepticon. There's 5 right there.

Third, I deduct points for cheesy lines. None.

Fourth, I deduct points for dumb Dues Ex Machina. I'll deduct one.

The episode currently has 5 points.

I give a point for every G1 reference. The mere beginning is enough for 2.

7 points

The episode gets a point for every Bot/Con fight.

8 points.

Plus, humor points. This one gets another point for making fun of Megs.

9 points.

So there's my rating system. For other episodes, I'll just record my thoughts, but this is the only episode I have on DVD, so that's how it works for this one. I'll be doing things like MegaRidleyX's G1 review thread. (go look, it's awesome)

So that's how this will work. Un-Biased review of the episode from a writer's standpoint (cause I'm a writer:p )

2. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure that qualifies as "unbiased".

3. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

nice review man

4. Sage o' G-fruit

News Credits:
    Blitzwing adds to the entertainment factor.

He's entertaining.

5. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

Just make it a drinking game and be done with it :) 

6. Starscream2008

Starscream2008 Megatron sucks!

Lol great idea....Every time Blitzwing switches his face, you have to take a drink. Every time Lugnut grovels, you have to take a drink. Every time Bumblebee is annoying, you have to take a drink(maybe not, because you'd be drinking the whole episode)

7. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

Every time Headmaster says 'total ownage' or 'n00b', down the whole glass.

Soon after, the entire TFW2005 boards died from liver poisoning.

8. Sage o' G-fruit

News Credits:
    Good thing I'z under the US drinking age! :p 

With the old members dead, New Mods must rise.

I will accept the challenge.

9. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Everytime sari starts bitching take a drink

everytime bulkhead acts retarted take a drink

everytime dr.sumdac is a steriotypical middle eastener take a drink

10. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    I appreciate what you're doing here. Who doesn't love to read reviews? Especially when drinking games come of it. However, the obsessive-compulsive in me doesn't see anything as being ever truly unbiased.

11. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

Bias: YOU like Blitzwing
    Bias: YOU prefer episodes where Decepticons appear. The more the better.

Bias: YOU don't like the cheese not to mention that what Yoo find cheesy others may not.
    Bias: You dislike Dues Ex Machina.
    Bias: You like G1 homages.

Bias: Not only are you specifying that you prefer episodes with fight scenes you are being even more specific in your requirement that it be between the two robot factions.
    Bias: Based on what you find funny.

As i think ive clearly established your review is biased whats worse is you have attempted to validate your review by stating your a writer and your review doesn't even touch on things such as theme, mood, structure, pace or anything that even begins to touch on the writing of the show only specific aspects that you like/dislike.

Understand I'm not even stating that I disagree with all of your points simply that your review isnt unbiased with the exception of your summary of the episode since that is just a description of the events that occcur everything else in your review is completely biased.

12. Bottom Out

like zherbus (sp?) said, nothing can truley be unbiased, everyone has there own personal ideas of what makes something good and bad, the way I see it is as long as the reviewer isnt going into something with the intentions of proving/disproving something then its good enough for me. Like with my thread, i wouldnt say im being unbias, but i would say im being fair and honest with how i feel about it and not just trying to prove a point, i feel Sage is doing the same thing which is all that matters, hes speaking on the parts he likes and the parts he doesnt, hes not going to pretend to like soemthing or pretend to hate something just for the sake of it, he will be honest with himself

13. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

That doesn't sound fun. You'd get through the entire show completely sober!

Ahem. I don't mind if Sage O G'fruit's reviews aren't exactly unbiased. I just see them as taking the piss out of that other review thread currently floating around...

14. Bottom Out

^that would be mine :) 

15. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Duh. I just didn't wanna mention names in case the boards imploded with fury. Fun to watch, but it gets old quickly.

16. Sage o' G-fruit

News Credits:
    Alright, lets look at Transform and Roll Out part two

First, the episode had a nice G1 reference in there, mainly, the way the Autobots scan their vehicle modes. (1 point). The big fight with the giant slug nanobot thing was ok, but I felt that it wasn't as big of a threat as it could've been, plus, it went too slow, then too fast.Sari's first appearance was better than most human allies first appearances, like Carlos and Rad for instance. After the big fight, the whole 'key' was a little TOO dues ex machina. I wanted SOMEONE to die! If it had to be the awesome ninja, so be it.

Starscream appearing at the end was a mere teaser of what's to come, as per the next episode with the big fight.

The episode as a whole was moderate. 5 out of ten, but that's before I add and subtract.

So points time:

B-Wing: 0

'Con: 1

Cheesy Lines: 0

DEM: -1

G1: 1

Bot/Con: 0

Humor: 1 (owner-bot line)

So 7 out of 10. not bad, but the next episode is one of the gems.

17. Bottom Out

i agree that sari was introduced the best, the way spike and sparkplug were introduced in g1 i thought was pretty good too, but sari is actually my favorite human sidekick type character of all transformer cartoons even though she can be really annoying at times