complete tfs guides

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by feral prime, Oct 27, 2009.

1. feral prime

feral prime Well-Known Member

So, I have decidedto make alisting of every tfs that has been listedand of course thats alot. Would anyone know of a link or website that lists each tf series from g1 to currentwith listings for each bot? If this is in the wrong forum I am sorry

2. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
  3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There are dozens of resources out there you can find with a simple Google search, but what I've discovered is that none of them account for things in exactly the same way I would (for example, I keep track of every Minicon as an individual entry, while some checklists keep them with their partners). This makes it essential to develop your own, as you're doing.

I like our resources section here, and for overwhelmingly anal-retentive accuracy, the checklists at TFArchive.com are absolutely top notch. I need some royalties, I think I've recommended those guys a half dozen times this year. :lol 

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I shall tell Brendan to write you a paycheck, since the checklists from Beast Machines onwards are 100% my babies. :lol 

And my reasoning for starting them in the first place was pretty much the same as yours... nobody lists stuff the way I would. :) 

5. feral prime

Thanks guys. I am tryingto put together a list of each tf form each series so I can have my own accurrate checklist since Im backing off tfs for a bit so I can just have aclean slate and worek on each series i want...

6. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

There's a reason that there's never been a "complete" list.

When you speak of "every Transformer" do you mean every characters that's been referenced or shown in media or do you mean only the ones that toys have been made of?

Let's say that you want to make a list of only the toys. You have to consider whether or not you want to include:
    - European, South American and Japanese exclusives.
    - Variants/recolors. Is Yellow Cliffjumper the same as Red Cliffjumper? Is Rodimus Prime with rubber wheels the same figure as the one with plastic wheels?
    - McDonald's/Burger King figures.
    - Lucky Draws.
    - Playskool Transformers
    - Crossovers (Star Wars/Marvel)
    - Prototypes, unreleased figures

Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see such a list and I wish you luck. I'm just not sure that it's possible.

7. feral prime

Well since it is alist for my own personal reference<I and including the toys that from g1 to current. No crossovers or food packed toys. Just a list so that I can have a list of what all i need to get.. that is all..:) 

8. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sure it is. My personal tracking spreadsheet contains everything you mentioned there, with the exception of prototypes, which shouldn't count, from my perspective (since dozens or hundreds get made and discarded during the development process). It's all about how detailed you want to get.

9. shmax

shmax Well-Known Member

To answer your question:

http://www.shmax.com/Database

Yes, this list includes every variant of every release from every country, complete with parts lists and (in most cases) photos of the toy both in and out of the packaging. You can register an account and check off the ones you own (as well as fill in price paid info, condition, missing parts, etc), download your collection in spreadsheet form when finished, and even use the "watchlist" to be notified when toys (or even parts) that you're missing turn up on eBay. As far as I know it's the most comprehensive such list online (although apparently still 100% unknown, as no one but me ever seems to mention the site in threads like this). Hope it helps.