Complete SDCC Video

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ravenxl7, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I didn't see this posted yet, so I figured I would post it here. I was over at Tformers, and saw this-

Here's a direct link to the video- http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=261&itemid=11500

Some pretty interesting stuff in there. The only thing that confuses me is that they say that all 3 of the Classics/Universe toys that were shown were all Deluxes. Wasn't Octane supposed to be an Ultra?

2. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nope, he has often been mislabeled as such in the SDCC panel reports and discussions. But he was stated at both BotCon and SDCC to be a Deluxe.

EDIT: As I'm going through the video, the first thing of note is that Ryall said that the aforementioned new movie prequel story will be "packed in" with the Target version of the DVD. I'd say that confirms it's a printed story, rather than something extra on the DVD features.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hmm..ok. Half of me is disapointed that he'll be smaller than I was hoping, while the other half is excited that this will mean that there are more opportunities for some of the bigger Decepticons to be made. That and more space on my shelfs for more TF's.

4. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Octane appears to reuse the leg transformation/configuration of the Energon A-10 Thunderbolt 2 limb from Superion Maximus - right leg is the lower half of the nose, left leg is the upper half with the cockpit canopy.

Of course, being a triple changer, his engineering can't be as much of a retread as say, Energon Starscream or Cybertron Metroplex's Mini-Con, Drillbit.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm kinda surprised that nobody else posted in this thread while I was gone. I thought this would be interesting for some people, lol.

6. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am, too, to some extent. A large part of the reason may be the length of the vid. I've just now had a chance to finish watching the last 10 minutes or so. Big thanks for posting the link, though!

Everything regarding Animated has been pretty well covered in previous reports. The only tidbit I caught that I hadn't seen mentioned was during the Q&A. It was asked if Soundwave and Grimlock would sound similar to their G1 selves. No direct answer was given, but Sam and Matt reiterated that the creative team members (especially Derek Wyatt) are big fans of G1, and they intend to "respect the source".

Further along in the Q&A, a Dewbot toy was again requested. Aaron's response ended with, "We're looking at areas to do those kinds of things, whether it's transforming or not transforming we don't know. The Dewbot is very cool, and everybody seems to respond to that particular guy, so we've gotta find a place for him."

Someone asked if Hasbro was going to do a Masterpiece Megatron release. Response included the words "no" and "way".

A rather uninformed guy asked whatever happened to the "Soundblaster" reissue that was supposed to be released at TRU. It was fairly clear that he was talking about the Classics/Commemorative Soundwave release. Aaron gently notified him that it had, indeed, been released several months back.

The final question was from a simultaneously insulting and clueless woman, who said she was a fan of the original toys, but is disappointed with modern era TFs because they're "not as intricate". She then went on to ask if there are plans to rerelease any of the originals....

7. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I must not be reading reports well enough, the video is the first I've seen of any report that Sue Blu would be reprising her role as Arcee, which I think is one of the cooler things to come out of the whole Q&A.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    No Problem. I figured that this vid would be nice for those who didn't go to SDCC (like myself). I mainly watched it to see if Tformers transcript of it was correct or not, lol.