Complete Alt Collection, thinking of selling

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by AutobotEngineer, Jul 26, 2007.

1. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

Hey guys.

I've never been a completist, but I went ahead and bought all the Alts I could get my hands on.

I've got all of them, including Swerve, Camshaft, NP, and the latest Walmart exclusives...it is a nice collection.

But I don't use it. I display about half at a time, in cases, and leave the rest boxed. I don't battle with them, I don't bring them to school.

I feel like I'm really kind of wasting them, and I'd like to unload them.

I'm looking for offers and advice. If you want a complete alt collection, feel free to email me (gbergevin.me@gmail.com) with an offer.

My other option is unload them in groups. I could sell guys like NP with a few common Alts, like hound, Ricochet, etc. This would let me keep my few favorites, which in general aren't all that rare.

ie. $225 for
    Nemesis Prime
    Ricochet
    Wheeljack
    DeadEnd

$175
    Swerve
    Wheeljack
    Rollbar
    Decepticharge

$175
    Camshaft
    Sunstreaker
    Smokescreen

$150 for
    Mirage
    Jazz
    Hound

etc, etc

What do you think? Which option will be the most fair/lucrative?

Feel free to make an offer for the whole set, or suggest a group and price...I've got all of them.

2. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

Dude i dunno man...you can get a lot of those fairly cheap especially smokescreen, jazz, sideswipe.. like 15 bucks 20 MIB, there are some heavy hitters there but nothing id pay close to for one of those lots.

3. AutobotEngineer

I just checked ebay prices...things aren't as green as I had hoped.

Maybe $500 for the whole lot, thats less than retail on each, and no markup for NP, Swerve, etc.

4. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

Why not just sell seperate? I know of someone who might be interested in silverstreak and windcharger.

5. AutobotEngineer

I'm open to selling seperate, but I'm afraid if I do that I'll end up with a bunch of alts I'll never sell.

6. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    My advice would be to sell 'em seperately. Mark up NP, Mirage, Swerve, and Camshaft. The Mustangs also go for more than retail. You will come out a lot better that way. Also, the common stuff, just sell it under retail. It'll all come out in the wash. If nothing else, make a post in the kitbash section, somebody will grab what's left over.

7. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    i think your best bet is to sell individually, that way the common cheap ones dont bring down the price of your rarer ones. plus i'm sure there are other completists out there that only need one or two as opposed to four in a lot. oh, and sell me your jazz lol

8. Strikeback

Strikeback Drifting Away

Would you be willing to sell them in different groupings? I'm definitely interested in Camshaft and Nemesis Prime and will definitely buy them as a package--even if there's a third bot thrown in there.

9. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I'd more than likely be interested in Wheeljack. But if you don't wish to break up to singles that is ok.

10. AutobotEngineer

I'm getting bites for the set, smaller sets, and individuals. Which I appreciate, and hope I keep getting.

If all the buyers looking at the complete set fall through, I'll be splitting it up. Your best bet is to PM/email me with what you'd like, and a price.

Thanks for the sales advice, too.

11. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    If you still have that alt Hound after week or so, I'll take it off your hands on my next paycheque

12. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

I understand where your coming from dude, no one likes getting stuck with the ones that never sell... which is why i have 2 sideswipe, 2 prowl and 2 smokescreens... btw i <3 smokey

13. AutobotEngineer

Smokescreen does rule. If I part them out, I'm going to try to hang on to him.