complaining about the live action movies

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jgoss, Apr 4, 2010.

1. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

some fans should stop complainig about both live movies. i in fact thought thet were great and think that we fans should be happy to have bay and steven speilburg doing these films. i know that we all have our opions.

2. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Though I agree, I'm sure you're going to come under the attack of a lot of people for using your opinion as a basis of your argument, as well as your multiple typos.

3. jgoss

well sorry about the typos i'm not good at doing threads.

4. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    I think all the complainers should be thankful for getting a live action film in the first place.

5. jgoss

all of the fans i talk to at work really liked both movies especially the second one. thanks megatronski.all of us fans should also be thankful that transformers have been around for 25 years

6. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, I am getting really sick of people ripping on the movies in almost every single thread, regardless of whether or not it relates to the movie (I'm looking at you, thread about the Animated toys/DVD). Yeah, it's your opinion, but we don't need to be beaten over the head with it. This kind of behavior just takes away from good, intelligent discussion. We have our differences, and we should just respect them and not ridicule everyone who doesn't think the same way we do. That said, I think it's pretty sad that it seems as though Transformers fandom has become more about ranting about what you don't like than constructively discussing what you do like.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  7. rainningstorm

rainningstorm cheapskate@Cantonment

oh great...

Personally there are some parts of the movie that I like(special effects,fights) and some parts that I dont like(one dimensional acting).

That being said, they wouldnt make 3 live-action movies if the majority of people don't like it.

:horse:  Seriously -.-

8. jgoss

excatly optimus747 i couldn't agree with you more. if fans have a negative opinion talk about on their on time not here on the boards. hey a fellow new englander

9. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I don't think you'll win over anyone on this count. You're just always going to get 'negative' opinions here whether it's one thing or another.

That's perfectly acceptable. The only time it becomes unacceptable is when it just keeps coming up on tangents that have little to do with the topic at hand. Even still it can be reasonable to bring it up as a point of comparison.

10. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not saying they shouldn't discuss their negative opinions. In fact, that's what these boards are for: expressing opinions. Constructive discussion, however, is what we need, rather than "F Michael Bay his movie ruined Transformers forever and movie stuff is like a rapist raping all the innocent Transformers stuff and if you don't agree then you're an idiot and aren't a real fan" or "STFU if you don't like the movie then get lost because you're just a whiny hater who only loves G1 and hates everything that isn't exactly what you yourself want."
    The best discussions are ones in which people explain what they liked or didn't like in a reasonable manner and people respond with reasonable points supporting or disagreeing with the statements in a CONSTRUCTIVE MANNER.

11. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I love both movies. It's what got me back into collecting TF's again. It's the closest thing to G1 for me in that it's alien robots transforming into normal everyday objects and REAL vehicles set in the present. Not in the future or past, not animals, and not fake vehicles. Plus, Peter Cullen as Prime.

I can deal with the changes because EVERY movie based on another source will always change things.

12. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    A forum is a place for discussion, just keep in mind not everybody has the same view point. I can see how some people might be more annoyed by the more vocal people who dislike the movie that don't quite know how to articulate their opinions online in a respectable manner, but we've had super-opionated fans since Beast Wars when people could start discussing online... at least that's what I've read lol, I wasn't around back then.

But you certainly see it, there's plenty of people out there who go out of their way to talk trash about G1, BW, Animated, etc. in equally confusing mannerisms, but that's the internet. Not everybody's going to try and get their point across without tossing in some ridiculous hyperbole and an over abundance of caps and exclamation marks. Still, people are allowed to voice their opinion here, no matter their opinion of the movies, as long as they do it without breaking any rules.

This on the other hand...
    ...is starting to wear on me some. I've seen G1 fans claim that forums had become a lot less fun to visit when people started throwing around the term "GEEWUN" so much, and I'm starting to sympathize with them in that it feels like in practically every thread SOMEONE has to start talking trash about the movie series.

All that being said, regardless of your opinion of the movie and how the "other side" acts on these boards I want you all to keep this thread constructive. We've done a good job of avoiding a "HATERS VS LOVERS" thread in this forum lately. Hell, we might've set a record.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  13. SC0RP0N0K

SC0RP0N0K Well-Known Member

Why should we stop complaining? Just because you liked them? That's an awfully short sided argument there. The reason we complain is because we didn't like the movies and we hope someone will make something better. Why should we be happy that Bay and Spielberg are making horrible films that are completely unlike what we wanted?

If you liked them that's cool, but I didn't and there's no reason I shouldn't be allowed to express that.

Again, why should we be thankful for a live action film when I could care less if they'd done another animated film as long as it was The Transformers in more than just name only?

Why the hell not here? I'm a Transformer fan, and last time I checked this is a Transformers fan board, so I should be allowed to express my opinions here. Just because your opinion differs from mine you think I shouldn't be allowed to express them?

This I agree with. While I despise the live action movies I've given my reasons for my feelings. The acting was horrible, the plot was just chasing after a series of McGuffins, the designs were awful, they didn't spend enough time on character development other than Sam, Optimus, and Bumblebee, the humor was juvenile, and the characters that were focused on seemed to be completely out of character. I could go on, but the dislike goes much deeper than "OMG the movies were shit!", although that does express how I feel without having to type out so much stuff that has been covered plenty of times before.

14. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

I don't like the live action movies.

Sorry about that.

15. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    While people hate the movies, they should be thanking them.....without them transformers would probably be as good as dead.....it brought transformers back into mainstream, something hasbro has tried to do for years, love or hate them, they are the reason transformers is stronger than ever.....without the HUGE PILES OF CASH the movies have brought in we would never have gotten Universe 2.0 and a lot of stuff......

16. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

Maybe it's because Ive been in the game so long but I didn't notice it dying.

Maybe it wasn't as popular as it is now (which is good, i'm glad it's doing well) but I think it was doing well enough before the movies too.

Born again fans were just out of the loop I guess.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Sorry but if you want to kill TFW2005 then make it a place where only positive praising posts are allowed. This is Transformers and for 25 years there have always been things that some people have liked and some people have not liked. But there is this little thing called discussion because people have conflicting opinions.

Plus lets flip it around for a second. Lets say to end whatever that only people with a negative opinion were allowed to express their opinion. Now you wouldn't like that very well would you?

I really liked Robot Heroes but some fans didn't. Doesn't mean that TFW2005 should have only catered to my needs by saying only positive things can be said about Transformers going in that direction. I really enjoyed Animated some fans didn't. But yet again there is no way that fans should not have been allowed to express why they thought Transformers going in that direction was a bad thing.

So I'm sorry but I just really don't like Bay's directing, what the live action films have been doing with the Deceptions, and the rest of my long list of what I don't like about the movies. You are perfectly free to enjoy the films all you like but please don't ask me to praise Transformers going in a direction I don't like. Or to buy into this crazy idea that after 25 years of Transformers in toy stores that somehow Transformers was doomed without the live action films like Guard Convoy seems to think.

18. SC0RP0N0K

SC0RP0N0K Well-Known Member

Sorry man but I don't buy that. The movies no doubt helped bring new fans and a new interest in Transformers, but to say they are the redemption of the brand is a little much.

19. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    He's at least right on the Universe 2.0 part though, as for the saving grace and "as good as dead" parts, not by a long shot.

20. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    lets see:
    hasbro had two commercial failures of toylines:titaniums and alternators
    Cybertron sold average at best

face it, there is no denying the movies breathed new life into the franchise

now can we 100% know if transformers would have died if the movies bombed? no, but without the movie tranformers would be struggling and would DEFINATELY not be as strong as it is today