Common Sideswipe Manufacturing error?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bluestreak76, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Bluestreak76

Bluestreak76 Well-Known Member

I got my HTS Sideswipe a couple weeks ago and whenever I transformed him, his arms would pop off rather easily. Soo I grabbed my Sunstreaker and after a bit of force popped his arms off and noticed a very BIG differance. The slot that shoulder connects into on the arm. On Sustreaker the slot edges are cut at an angle to match where it connects to the shoulder which if you notice has an angle cut to it as well. On Sideswipe the shoulder connector has an angle around the connection knob but the arm slot is cut flat making it not connect flush.

I thought this was a fluke so I bough a second Sideswipe at Walmart last night and it was the same.

Its hard to explain but if anyone is having the same issue, pop the arms off the brothers and look at the slots on the top of the arms and you will see.

Now im going to either do some cutting on Sideswipes arms or gank the upper arms peices from Sunstreaker when I upgrade to a Henkei Sunstreaker.

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have bought two sunstreakers and two sideswipes and have no idea what you are talking about. If its an error it's not a wide spread one

3. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

I think my Sideswipe may have the same error. One of the arms easily popped off, and when I tried to reattach it, it didn't seem to sit as flush as Sunstreaker's.

4. Bluestreak76

Bluestreak76 Well-Known Member

Like I said, pop off the arms from both and look at the slots on the top of the arms where they connect. Sunstreakers have a nice angle cut to them and sideswipes do not.....which personally I dont understand cause its the same damn mold.