Commission Feedback Thread!

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Draven, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Since we have a place on the board for feedback on deals made between board members regarding toys, and since we recently had Master Unicron's thread praising Lazerbeak's work, I thought it'd be a good idea if we had a similar sort of thing for art commission.
    With that in mind, this thread is for people who have had pieces of art done for them by 2005 board members to give their thoughts on the work done for them. Wer have a hell of a lot of amazingly talented people here, and I figure it's time they got some credit.
    So! if someone has done a piece for you, give them the props they so richly deserve in here! :thumbs2: 

2. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Draven - For the Sonicblaze piece. Amazing, amazing work! Even asked him to do the energon attack and he did and it came out awesome! Great stuff. :rock 

3. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Lazerbeak: check the sig :D 

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Lazerbeak's not done with my project yet, but I wanna praise him anyways *L* I've seen all the various projects he's posted at least for the last 8-10 months, and I've also seen an early WIP of the project that he's doing for me and it already is looking good, so Laserbeak: THANKS you're one talented SOB.

Andy

5. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

I'd like to thank JOSH for designing my tattoo. I had one idea, he had another. Turns out his was a much cooler idea. I'm very impressed!

6. Airraid

Airraid Well-Known Member

Lazerbeak is making me an Alternators Rodimus Prime. It sound like it is going to be really awesome!!!!!

7. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It is awsome, Hes also making me an Alternators Rattrap, the problem is ill have to figure out how to put it on :confused2 

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    ..guys, I would point out that this thread is supposed to be for praise when you actually have the work that's being done for you... ;) _

9. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    dezaras6 - For his incredible work on a project he just finished for me. :thumbs2:  Great job, man!

10. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

The following peeps get thumbs up!

Draven
    King Starscream
    Macraptron

11. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    ok, well its finally time for me to give my legit feedback for Lazerbeak! If you havn't already, go to the kitbash forum to see "the GRAND unveiling" thread! Lazerbeak has been working with me on that thing for four months now... and it looks breathtaking! It could so be made into a real toy, its just not even funny. He and I've conferenced back and forth incessantly throughout this whole ordeal. Not only did he make that picture for me, but he helped me with some of the pictures that I put up on my REDLINE website (which can be viewed by clicking on the picture in my SIG!), and is currently working on creating a new signature picture that will include the 'bash that has already been unveiled! The man's greatness knows no bounds!!!

Andy

12. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

Well, this thread has been pretty dead, but I actually had some questions regarding price points, particularly doing 3D work, mainly on how to come up with a fair pricing system.

Say, if a client only wanted a still-shot image of a low-res model with say just a toon shader slapped on, what would be an appropriate charge?

Likewise, what about a fully rigged transformable high-res model with actual textures to show the wear and tear and have an animation?

Also, to all the modelers out there, how do you go about handling deadlines? and also, do you do one commission at a time, or a say two or three?

Oh, yeah, forgot one thing.

Have there been instances where clients want the actual model and texture files?

Thanks for your feedback! :) 

13. Bongatron

Bongatron insane demi-god

Oh? and what if your remarks aren't praise? I've worked with a couple of people I could say a few unpleasent things about. :ev: 

14. Bongatron

Bongatron insane demi-god

In fact, i'm rather disapointed in the behavior of a couple of artist whom i won't name in here. People I had respected for a long period of time and looked at as professionals.

Just goes to show that people aren't always who you think they are.

15. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Josh did an amazing job on my commission Echo. Thank you.

16. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Ah! I didn't know this thread existed.

KA is the man. He drew a bizzare fan-character-ish guy I dreamed up and the end result was as if he sucked the mental picture right out of my head.

Couldn't be happier.

17. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    yes, i'm still recovering from the experirence -.-"

kidding :p  that was gonzo, even for my standards, but i enjoyed that. dude i really could send that pic to u anytime u know.

18. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    KA i would love to have you do a piece of work for me if you have time. I had sent you a PM about the details of it already but if you need me to send anymore info just let me know. Also let me know about what you want for compensation for it. Thanks KA.

19. perceptor30

perceptor30 perceptor30

To KJ,, for hitting the nail on the head with my sig/avatar. this is exactly what i envisioned my version of soundwave to be.

20. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Crobot did a nice job on a very random idea I had, playing with the Kissplay line between Prime and myself. He was great to work with, does quality work..Worked with me on some critiques and changes..All at a really great price and in a very reasonable amount of time.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.