Comming MASTERPIECE* Diecast? Yay or Nay

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by starscream.pt, Oct 20, 2007.

1. starscream.pt

starscream.pt Well-Known Member

The latest MP's seem to be lacking diecast, why is this happening? Do you think the new coming ones should have diecast parts like optimus, or should they be feather like megatron?

I personally say the heavier the better (only sucks on shipping), what do you guys think?

Diecast:

1. Yay!
    2. I could not care less...
    3. Nay ...

2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    To be honest, I couldn't care. As long as the figures are sturdy and don't break then the plastic is fine by me!
    Plus since I'm a MISBer, I'd prefer plastic for the cheaper shipping ;) 

3. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I say 2... it's going MISB after all :p 

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I honestly don't care. Diecast is cool on the G1 toys, but I haven't been a huge fan of the modern stuff made with diecast. 20th / Masterpiece Prime is nice and heavy, but I KNOW those ball jointed ankles are going to give out someday with all that top-heavy weight. I avoided Binaltechs like the plague as soon as I heard horror stories about paint shipping and breakage. Probably not a huge problem as the line went on, but I wanted to play it safe.

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Die-cast is cool, but I think I've made the switch to plastic. It's more durable ( no paint chips, easier on joints ) and doesn't make the figures hard to stand up. On G1 figures, it was fine cause they didn't have ball joints to work loose. Newer figures are effected by the weight and will eventually be hard to stand.

6. starscream.pt

you guys collect misb MP's ?? i thought were the only ones worth opening :D  i keep all my G1's boxed and misb if possible

7. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    ;)  I've got a loose 20th Prime, got my MP-04 MISB. Getting a Wal*Mart Starscream to open, keeping MP-03 MISB. Gonna get an MP-05 on the second wave to open.

Just leaves me with an Ultra Magnus and Skywarp problem!!

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Don't really care, just as long as they are sturdy and look awesome. Diecast parts would be awesome, especially on a MP Soundwave, but, if it meant the figure was better built and putt together, I could do withought diecast.

9. SureShot90

Ebay:
    Well you have to start at some place :) . My Cybertron/Galaxy Force/Moive 2007 are all MOSC/MISB's.

I can't afford MIB/MISB G.1 (and don't want to pay out of my butt for them) so I take them loose, and if a box follows to a reasonable price that's a plus.

10. starscream.pt

i wont pay much for them aswell, i got lucky at some old shops and flea market deals

11. SureShot90

Ebay:
    Yea i hear u... unfortunately that never happens in DK... old stock of old toys is extremely rare :( 

12. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

Die-cast!

13. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I love die-cast.

I know it's more expensive, I know it's prone to breaking and paint chipping, I know it limits engineering.

But I love it. It's irrational, but I like the feel. And be fair--is digging die-cast any weirder than being into toys as an adult?

14. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    If I never see die-cast on another figure, I'll be quite happy.

15. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Die cast is alright, depending on how it's used. MP prime is a good example of great usage of diecast. MP megs could have used more, but the accessory kit helps with that. The SS mold? I honestly don't know where any diecast could or should go on that.

16. RKillian

RKillian https://rktoys.myshopify.com

Well, the problem is that many fans are just very tunnel-visioned with respect to die-cast metal.

They cry about Binaltech's chipped paint, often without owning any themselves, and ignore scratches and stress marks on Alternators. They cry about Titanium's low quality, forgetting about older toys like G1/GoBots and newer toys like Bandai's Macross reissues. They cry about Commemorative Series pricing, as if their exclusivity to Toys R Us was irrelevant, and likewise don't count additional shipping or specialty markup (or exchange rates) on Takara's versions.

It's like getting a warm Coors Light out of a rusty tap and declaring all beer ever is terrible.

Blaming engineering shortcomings on it is pretty specious too, because I can turn up dozens of toys whose shortcomings have everything to do with bad design and nothing at all to do with the material type. Galoob and Toynami in particular are two companies that can barely manage plastic let alone metal parts. Hasbro/Takara and Bandai have generally done very well with both.

17. starscream.pt

on the suposed red parts like the original G1

18. Yigal

Yigal Dutch Meeting camera man

Ebay:
    It depends.

The Seekers don't have to be Die-cast on my behalf. Megatron could have used more.

If they make another G1 car please give it a lot of Die-cast.

If it's Soundwave, Grimlock, or Thundercracker it realy doesn't need a lot of Die-cast.

19. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

If I had a choice I'd prefer metal.